• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Squirrel hunting on WMA's?

I'll also throw this bit of info out there to you. I'd wear an orange vest while hunting small game on WMA land, regardless of wether it is deer season or not. It's a wise idea because there are folks that get caught deer hunting on the WMA boundaries or even on WMA land when there is no deer season open. I would want to be as visible as possible. If a squirrel gets close enough to see your orange vest it is close enough to get shot.
Got the orange vest the other day. Figured better be safe than sorry. During small game hunts are u allowed to use a bow or is it firearms only?

If Im deer hunting, all I see are squirrels. They dang near climb into my stand.
If I'm squirrel hunting, I see deer.

Pretend you're deer hunting and fake 'em out.....

A recurve or longbow makes a good small game bow. You can get shots off a lot quicker and less likely to lose the arrows as opposed to using a compound.
But how accurate are recurves and longbows? Been told compounds are more accurate and easier to shoot. Of course the only experience I have with bows are traditional aka longbows and that's going back like 25 years ago so idk. Is there anywhere I can go to try different bows out?

A compound would be more accurate. I guess that if you backed the draw weight way out and used small game heads, judo points or a blunt you wouldn't lose near as many arrows. Use whatever you are more comfortable with.

Back
Top Bottom