• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Squirrel

Gitcha down to Cajun country, and they will stew you up some nutria. Big old rat. In a gumbo, you can't tell what it is anyway.

Woodchuck is might tasty, especially when you take one from an alfalfa field. Not to many of them in Georgia.

Rabbits used to be rodents, then some biologists needed something to write about so they kicked rabbits out.

Some people like beaver, I've never tried it, mostly because of no opportunity. Based on diet, beaver should be pretty good.

Good answer! Good answer!! :becky:

Gitcha down to Cajun country, and they will stew you up some nutria. Big old rat. In a gumbo, you can't tell what it is anyway.
Woodchuck is might tasty, especially when you take one from an alfalfa field. Not to many of them in Georgia.
Rabbits used to be rodents, then some biologists needed something to write about so they kicked rabbits out.
Some people like beaver, I've never tried it, mostly because of no opportunity. Based on diet, beaver should be pretty good.

I was with ya, up until....
Some people like beaver, I've never tried it :)

Thanks.

Forgot, back in the day, buddy of mine was a serious trapper, and muskrat was pretty high dollar at the time, and we ate a lot of muskrat.

Was a little squeamish the first time, but roasted up, it's pretty good. They (Pa.) had two kinds -river rats, which were about the size of a possum, and pond rats, about the size of a field rat. River rats were pretty musky, but the pond rats were down right tasty, again mostly because they grazed on pasture land.

Anyone tried groundhog? I have some suspicious memories from childhood....
Squirrel taste like dark meat of chicken but tougher - I like it with dumplins or fried like chicken

I was marinating a bunch of chicken in a Korean BBQ sauce so I made him up a little. Ah of his own.

Two reasons I went this route.

1) I was already prepping the chicken
2) I figure if I have ever ate cat, dog, or rodent it was at a Chinese restaurant. So I went with an Asian flair.
How did you like it

Back
Top Bottom