• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

SR1911 models...?

mhayes

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
43   0
Reaction score
Alright I have been in the market for a SR 1911. It's time to buy and I have a question for those of you that may have been able to actually touch and feel both models. I can only find the Commander models around my house. No one seems to carry the 4.25 model. I won't carry piece full time etc. how much does the .75" make in the handling of the gun? I don't do a ton of target shooting either. But curious as to how much of a difference it makes there as well? For comparison my normal carry is a LCP or a snub .38. So either ways have to get used to the size difference. Let me hear some comparisons and thoughts please. Thanks,

I've had both. If you are going to carry it i'd get the commander size. Its a decent difference in size and weight. And yes i carried both in the same holster setup. Hell if you can just buy both lol

Yes, sorry guys I missed typed on the names. But all I can find around here is the 5". Is the handling that much better with the 4.25?

Yes, sorry guys I missed typed on the names. But all I can find around here is the 5". Is the handling that much better with the 4.25?

No worries. I can't speak specifically to the Rugers as I've only shot the full size but I imagine it would be just like the differences between most brands' full size offering versus their commander. The commander sized 1911s are still a good sized pistol and handle great.

It comes down to personal preference. Personally, carrying a full size 1911 in the summer time is not comfortable at all so I would go commander if I had to choose between one.

Good luck!

No worries. I can't speak specifically to the Rugers as I've only shot the full size but I imagine it would be just like the differences between most brands' full size offering versus their commander. The commander sized 1911s are still a good sized pistol and handle great.

It comes down to personal preference. Personally, carrying a full size 1911 in the summer time is not comfortable at all so I would go commander if I had to choose between one.

Good luck!

This! That commander size will do the trick

Back
Top Bottom