starting an ar building buisness at home

at home start up AR15 custom and basic affordable builds

• yes

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • market to saturated mabey later

Votes: 60 95.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sorry for the bad way I put what I was trying to ask and my wife said it for me the 2 lowers I have and if I purchased a rifle kit put it together and listed it for sale only a couple times a year is what I meant to ask about because I get lowers from friends and family members all the time because they know I like guns so with that being said that is what I meant to ask about maybe doing that about 3 or 4 times a year

It's not a good idea.
But it's up to you.
I doubt you would even break even though. As others have said AR's are cheap now for factory built ones. Home made ones aren't very desirable.

I get what you are saying I was not talking about opening up a big time shop at my home just a little something to do while I am retired just order a couple or AR kits build them with a striped upper and put it out for sale that's all
If you buy lower receivers with the intent to build them for reselling them, I think you have triggered all of the requirements of needing a license.

Bottom line is the AR market is saturated. Even if you set all the legal complications aside it would still be a VERY difficult market to compete in.

Now build a couple ARs for fun, get tired of them and sell to fund your next build . Go for it! If you make money I would be super surprised. A lot of 700-800 rifles on here for sale, but that just an asking price!

Even the Brownells banner at top of this page would be hard to compete with!
IMG_3307.PNG

Question, I know you will find yourself in a cell with a rough chick named Jim if you buy and build lowers to sell. But what about uppers? Or does it still fall under the same umbrella?

sorry for the bad way I put what I was trying to ask and my wife said it for me the 2 lowers I have and if I purchased a rifle kit put it together and listed it for sale only a couple times a year is what I meant to ask about because I get lowers from friends and family members all the time because they know I like guns so with that being said that is what I meant to ask about maybe doing that about 3 or 4 times a year

If you want a bad ass home business idea, you should build a bunch of lowers and a buy a variety of uppers....specifically 10", 10.3", and 10.5" uppers. Put together some nice SBR's and list them for sale. They'll go quickly on here. I would just let the buyer worry about the engraving and stamp.

:pop2:

Seriously though, read up on the laws. They're no joke and you can get into serious trouble with this stuff if you don't know what you're doing. No offense, but merely posting this question on a public forum tells me you have some reading to do. Good luck and stay safe brother.

Back
Top Bottom