• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stealing or not?

Is it still wrong if the law isn't strictly enforced?

• Yes.

Votes: 116 84.7%
  • No.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • No such thing as free tacos.

Votes: 19 13.9%

• Total voters
In any case, so YOUR answer is it IS breaking the law but may or may not be stealing? What if that turkey shot 'hundreds of yards away over several hills and across the stream' would not be on the property in the first place without the corn piles?

This is very hypothetical and there is no way of proving, or even knowing if those turkeys would or would not be there just because of some corn piles several hundred yards away. To my way of thinking it must be proven that the hunter is willingly and intentionally breaking the law without a shadow of a doubt. Otherwise the hunter is innocent.

This is very hypothetical and there is no way of proving, or even knowing if those turkeys would or would not be there just because of some corn piles several hundred yards away. To my way of thinking it must be proven that the hunter is willingly and intentionally breaking the law without a shadow of a doubt. Otherwise the hunter is innocent.

Yes this is what I was saying. I was just being too wordy. :D

Once again this regulation is stupid. People are allowed to bait in the southern zone, and I guarantee you people break the regulation all the time without even being aware of it. I know tons of hunters who do not hunt over bait, but they will use it in front of game cameras to keep tabs on what is roaming their property.

Of course stealing is stealing no matter how much or how little. It is inherently wrong to do but who in hell is really affected in this posted scenario. Speeding is speeding regardless of how fast over the legal posted limit, but which one of you is going to argue the point with a cop who lets you off with a warning because he doesn't want to jam someone up who is not driving recklessly or exceeding more that 15 miles over the posted limit.

Of course stealing is stealing no matter how much or how little. It is inherently wrong to do but who in hell is really affected in this posted scenario. Speeding is speeding regardless of how fast over the legal posted limit, but which one of you is going to argue the point with a cop who lets you off with a warning because he doesn't want to jam someone up who is not driving recklessly or exceeding more that 15 miles over the posted limit.

This particular scenario is only one of many that is considered illegal hunting. People sink a lot of time, money and work into their land to produce happy hunting in a legal manner. Poachers, whether hunting at night, over bait, trespassing, and everything else that falls in between are stealing from law abiding hunters.

We have problems with guys hunting at night around our club in south Ga. $100 gas just for me to go there and back and some hayseed is out there shooting our deer at night. Baiting is legal down there but I don't care for it. Next thing you know everybody is doing it and the results are no different.

taking something that is not yours without permission or not paying for it is stealing

doesnt matter if its 5 cents

Back
Top Bottom