• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Stealing or not?

Is it still wrong if the law isn't strictly enforced?

• Yes.

Votes: 116 84.7%
  • No.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • No such thing as free tacos.

Votes: 19 13.9%

• Total voters
No, to be clear, the LEO CAN in fact cite/arrest the person for stealing less than the $100. But he has chosen to NOT enforce the law as strictly for a reason I'll explain later.
My question is simply since you know it won't be enforced up to a certain limit, is it still stealing and is it still wrong to participate.
Back in 2012 we had a Crankenstein supposed mechanic working here. He was supposed to be fixing 3 Festivas so we could sell them. Instead of fixing them he cut the convertors out from under them with a cutoff wheel on an air grinder. By doing it that way he ruined the down pipe from the engine and the flange from the exhaust pipe. He then rode over to Emmett Head Auto Salvage where my landlord/ bidness partner had 4 or 5 more cars stored and cut the cats out from under them too. He did this cause he knew Robby was out of town. He justified it buy saying Robby didn't pay him before leaving.
Anyway, when I called Peach Co. S.O. they sent a deputy out here and he took a report. Then they called Robby to confirm what I told them. Then we had to call Houston Co about the ones taken from Bonaire. They even saw the video of where he cashed in the cats at a recycler. But then they told Robby there was nothing they could do because we didn't see him stealing them. And when I asked them about the property damage I got the same response.

Stealing is stealing. Value is irrelevant. But it's just that LE is usually not interested when it's under $100.00 in value because that is below felony range. Sad but true.

Poachers and trespassers are thieves.If you use bait to hunt turkeys,you ain`t a turkey hunter.The bait establishes a feeding pattern produced by man,not nature.
You are right, killing turkeys over bait, make them a turkey killer. What about the food plot? It establishes a feeding pattern produced by man. Or maybe a farmer's corn field, also man made feeding pattern.

You have to look in the mirror and live with yourself. To me its stealing/poaching. Just because you get a pass from an LEO doesn't make it right.

Moral relativism. Where does your moral compass take you? Whether you looted a store during hurrcane Katrina or were on Wall Street selling worthless mortgage funds, stealing is stealing.

Back
Top Bottom