Stolen wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Npowers66

Default rank <5000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
358   1
Reaction score
Well someone broke into my truck and stole my wallet. Which had debit and credit cards, ID and concealed carry permit. I went to the probate court and told them and paid the 5 dollar replacement and of course filed the police report. Now I'm worried someone will try to use my carry permit and ID to buy a gun under my name. Any help or suggestions?
Thanks

Only thing I can think of is just tell your story and leave your info with local shops. Otherwise I think you're stuck hoping the clerks look at the picture real close and the guy looks nothing like you

I don't believe any one would try to purchase a gun with your info. He's a thief with little or no money. He's looking for money by stealing your wallet, not a easy way to buy a gun. IMO

I've NEVER bought a gun from a dealer that didn't look at my drivers license when I showed them my GFL. If they sold a gun without proper ID they would be in serious hot water. The liability is the dealer's, and they are acutely aware of it. Any credible dealer will catch it. If someone actually tries to pass your GFL they will get caught unless they are able to expertly dummy up a drivers license. Personally I think it would just be easier to buy within Georgia's laws about buying from individuals, in which case, no GFL is required any way. Don't sweat it. You did what you were supposed to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom