• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stop beating up on people for saying "clip"

I know that BBGuns I am just trying to figure out why people get so bent. I could see it someone was refering to say the slide of a 1911 and calling it a cylinder and there may be confusion. But if I am selling a semi-auto pistol and say it has 3 clips does anyone really think I am trying to use mil-surp M1 clips to feed ammo? And if so just send a PM. I still think clip is slang for magazine and have always felt that way.

I disagree. As the owner of several real AR15s it bugs the **** out of to see somebody call a bushmaster or PSA an AR15. It is not an AR15 and should not be called one. Even worse yet are the guys calling their LR308 pattern rifles AR10s.

Actually, I couldn't care less, but you get my point I'm sure.

You have called alot of ar's ar15's in your for sale posts . Must not bother you to much.

This is a joke right? Mahi-Mahi is a "Dolphinfish" and a Dolphin is, well a DOLPHIN, or type of porpoise.

I grew up in Florida and have spent my life chasing saltwater fish. Every angler I know outside of the west coast guys call this a dolphin. It was only called mahi-mahi on the east coast after customers started to cry for Flipper in restaurants.

229475_10150191875472707_1356024_n-1.jpg

LOL at people upset about AR-15 being called "assault rifles". By calling it an "AR-15" you too are calling it an "assault rifle"... What do you think "AR" stands for?

I know what a dolphin fish is. It's one of my favorites to both catch and eat. I think the point I was making was clear even to the dimmest of wits. If you call a bottle nosed dolphin a "fish", it is not slang; it is ignorance. If you call a magazine a "clip", it is not slang either. I personally don't care what you call it. Just know that by calling a magazine a "clip", you paint yourself as ignorant to a great many people. If that's okay with you, it should be okay with everyone else. Some people are quite comfortable being thought of as a fool.

LOL at people upset about AR-15 being called "assault rifles". By calling it an "AR-15" you too are calling it an "assault rifle"... What do you think "AR" stands for?

I know what a dolphin fish is. It's one of my favorites to both catch and eat. I think the point I was making was clear even to the dimmest of wits. If you call a bottle nosed dolphin a "fish", it is not slang; it is ignorance. If you call a magazine a "clip", it is not slang either. I personally don't care what you call it. Just know that by calling a magazine a "clip", you paint yourself as ignorant to a great many people. If that's okay with you, it should be okay with everyone else. Some people are quite comfortable being thought of as a fool.

"AR" does not stand for "assault rifle" and that is ignorance.

The AR-15 is based on the 7.62 mm AR-10, designed by Eugene Stoner, Robert Fremont, and L. James Sullivan of the Fairchild ArmaLite corporation. The AR-15 was developed as a lighter, 5.56 mm version of the AR-10. The "AR" in AR-15 comes from the ArmaLite name and stands for "ArmaLite Rifle". ArmaLite's AR-1, AR-5, and some subsequent models were bolt action rifles, the AR-7 a semi-automatic survival rifle and there are shotguns and pistols whose model numbers include the "AR" prefix.

Back
Top Bottom