• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stop beating up on people for saying "clip"

LOL at people upset about AR-15 being called "assault rifles". By calling it an "AR-15" you too are calling it an "assault rifle"... What do you think "AR" stands for?

I know what a dolphin fish is. It's one of my favorites to both catch and eat. I think the point I was making was clear even to the dimmest of wits. If you call a bottle nosed dolphin a "fish", it is not slang; it is ignorance. If you call a magazine a "clip", it is not slang either. I personally don't care what you call it. Just know that by calling a magazine a "clip", you paint yourself as ignorant to a great many people. If that's okay with you, it should be okay with everyone else. Some people are quite comfortable being thought of as a fool.
Even this dimmest of wits knew that AR didn't stand for assault rifle. And I really don't care what most people think of me much less someone on a forum. You still can't explain to me why people get so bent over a term that even websters defines as a the same thing as a magazine. I am trying to understand. I know what someone means when they say clip and don't feel any need to correct them, I'm pretty sure they know what they mean too. So why the need to call someone ignorant, dim wit or fool. If it makes you feel superior then that's ok with me.

ima put a clip in yo ass!
ladies-and-gentleman-i-present-to-you-the-newest-meme-thats-just-nasty_o_342109.jpg

LOL at people upset about AR-15 being called "assault rifles". By calling it an "AR-15" you too are calling it an "assault rifle"... What do you think "AR" stands for?

I know what a dolphin fish is. It's one of my favorites to both catch and eat. I think the point I was making was clear even to the dimmest of wits. If you call a bottle nosed dolphin a "fish", it is not slang; it is ignorance. If you call a magazine a "clip", it is not slang either. I personally don't care what you call it. Just know that by calling a magazine a "clip", you paint yourself as ignorant to a great many people. If that's okay with you, it should be okay with everyone else. Some people are quite comfortable being thought of as a fool.

Well said sir, well said indeed.

Back
Top Bottom