• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stop beating up on people for saying "clip"

No its not. Its all about context. If I were to catch a "dolphinfish" I said I caught some dolphin and EVERYBODY that I was talking to knew there was going to be a fish fry. If we were out and saw a pod of dolphin and told people about it EVERYBODY knew we saw flipper. And not a dang one of them got pissy and ask why we were going to eat flipper.

Why correct someone in a sales ad?

Why does everyone see this as negative? Can someone with more knowledge on a subject not EDUCATE another? Consider, you walk into a service shop and tell the salesman, "I need new brake rotors and pads." Would you think it was wrong if the salesman actually EDUCATED you and told you that you indeed needed new shoes and drums if your vehicle did not have 4 wheel disc brakes?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368145489.903357.jpg

thats funny. And for the record I am not trying to prove right or wrong I am honestly trying to understand something that has bugged me for so long. Why does it really matter and why does someone get so upset about a commonly used term if EVERYBODY know what is meant.

My point exactly

A clip just holds ammunition & will not feed ammunition since there is not a spring to push the ammunition into the firearm. A Magazine is a feeding device that holds the ammunition & has a spring to feed the ammunition into the firearm. by saying clip you are just as bad as the liberal media calling an AR-15 an assault rifle when its just a semi-auto rifle. so if you dont like proper nomenclature then continue to watch CNN

Back
Top Bottom