• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stop leaving guns in your cars..

Out of the last 50,000 trips to the store by members of this forum, how many have required the use of a firearm? A massive statistical unlikelihood.
Out of all the people who carry in the last 100 years, how many have had to use one? A massive statistical unlikelihood.
The why ever even carry?

As mt high school debate teacher used to say: Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is interesting, but what they hide is crucial.

(Especially relevent in today's world.)
Personally, I've drawn my weapon on one bad guy, but did not have to fire, because presentation of the weapon was enough. I've also intervened twice when someone else was being victimized because I was confidant due to the fact I was armed.

So that's three in a single lifetime and I ain't done yet.

I know I’m probably preaching to the choir here but we had this situation yesterday.

As I come on in the morning we get a BOLO for a stolen car and inside the car was a pistol, so now criminals are armed. Later in the day we get a call about a man shot, it wasn’t my call so I don’t know many details but sounded as if it was an armed robbery gone sideways. A little later we get the same BOLO for the stolen car, but now details are added that it’s occupied by murder suspects from the earlier shooting.

Stop arming criminals, don’t leave unsecured weapons in your cars. That is all
Lindbergh post office closed Thursday cause all the employee cars were broken into with at least one firearm taken. I’ve had pd (she keeps a shiny nickel 45 on her fireplace mantle visible from the front windows), veterans & even phd friends ask me to sell them one of my pistols for something just to keep in their car for protection. No matter whether I fill out a 4473 or not I have to say- Are you fn kidding ? Might as well train these thieves 1st like we did the afghans against the ruskies before giving them the weapons to be used against us later.

I know I’m probably preaching to the choir here but we had this situation yesterday.

As I come on in the morning we get a BOLO for a stolen car and inside the car was a pistol, so now criminals are armed. Later in the day we get a call about a man shot, it wasn’t my call so I don’t know many details but sounded as if it was an armed robbery gone sideways. A little later we get the same BOLO for the stolen car, but now details are added that it’s occupied by murder suspects from the earlier shooting.

Stop arming criminals, don’t leave unsecured weapons in your cars. That is all
Only an idiot leaves a gun in an unattended car, unless it’s in a vault or lockbox.

Only an idiot leaves a gun in an unattended car, unless it’s in a vault or lockbox.
Why?
Because it might get stolen and arm a bad guy? Any bad guy can get a gun. They don't need to get it from your car.
Because it might motivate someone to break into your car? Not if they don't know it's there.
Because if it gets stolen you lose the value of the gun? What if having the gun available in my vehicle is more valuable to me than the cost of the weapon?

So, please explain exactly why I'm an "idiot" for leaving a gun in my car.

Why?
Because it might get stolen and arm a bad guy? Any bad guy can get a gun. They don't need to get it from your car.
Because it might motivate someone to break into your car? Not if they don't know it's there.
Because if it gets stolen you lose the value of the gun? What if having the gun available in my vehicle it more valuable to me than the cost of the weapon?

So, please explain exactly why I'm an "idiot" for leaving a gun in my car.
Because it’s stupid. It’s not difficult.

Irresponsible gun owners that leave guns readily available in unattended vehicles are a primary source of firearms for criminals. Not new, or surprising.

Dumb. Unnecessary. And easily avoidable.

Because it’s stupid. It’s not difficult.

Irresponsible gun owners that leave guns readily available in unattended vehicles are a primary source of firearms for criminals. Not new, or surprising.

Dumb. Unnecessary. And easily avoidable.
So, you actually think that if everyone stopped leaving guns in cars criminals wouldn't be able to get them? Really?

That logic is exactly that used by the anti gunners as the reason to ban gun ownership altogether. Hopefully you know it's BS just as much as I do, but here you are using a variant of the argument.

Back
Top Bottom