• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Store firearms away from home ?

Anyone store any firearms away from home? In like a safety deposit box or anything. Maybe I’m paranoid, but I worry about theft or a major fire and I have just a few family heirlooms, that are not replaceable. Mind you, these firearms are not worth anything substantial but they are worth a lot to me. I have a safe already, but I think I’d like to store these firearms offsite if at all possible. Any recommendations?

I’m probably paranoid, but in a catastrophic loss, I’d hate to loose everything.
Get a PAP ( personal articles policy ). Your homeowners insurance will only cover $2,500 in guns in a event of a catastrophe or robbery. A personal articles policy or ( PAP ) is the policy where you state the value of a particular gun and you pay on that value. So if you value a gun at $2,000 it adjusts your premium. For example; $20,000 worth of insurance would probably be around $19 a month. It's excellent ease of mind when leaving the house for a few days. Of course you need to give him the kind of gun it is with all the upgrades like; scopes, bipods, upgrades and etc..

I used to keep one in a safe deposit box. They don’t watch you fill it so who cares if it’s not “allowed”.

Now I just gifted a bunch to friends and family. So if I need a gun (and lost my truck and house) I could just go borrow it back

Back
Top Bottom