• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Story time. Lesson learned.

I disagree with everything you’ve said. I especially disagree if the defender only has a handgun and it potentially occurs in low light. You can rip up the check that’s in the mail for the June 22nd class :rolleyes: if I can take it for freeeee

Hah!

The invader(s) in your training scenario would already know the layout of the structure, familiar with the furniture locations. It wouldn't be specific to my situation so I don't understand where you're going with this. The best option for most people maybe to hunker down and wait for the assailant to attack them, but surely you can admit there could be circumstances and situations in some scenarios that wouldn't dictate laying in wait.
Your advice maybe the best for most likely scenarios but not for every single one.

I'm quite sure that if I waited upstairs in a structure for home Invaders and then I went down looking for them chances are I'm going to get shot. The actors in this scenario are well trained and prepared for me to come down looking for them, they have Advance knowledge of what to expect.

I can tell you what's likely to happen if you crash your car into a tree running 90 miles an hour without a seatbelt also. But what if we slow the speed down at 20 miles per hour, put you in a seatbelt and airbag, the circumstances and likely outcome change.

If you can mimic my floor plan layout, with the security protocols I have set up, and send in green untrain home Invaders, I have a much better chance of not being shot. And taking out my attackers. That would be a training exercise worth running

I can do exactly that! We can set up a time and a date, I’ll bring the training equipment, and we can do the 2 scenarios, 5x each, at your very own home! The intruders will start outside and not set foot inside your home until the scenario starts. That what you have in mind?

Why “green untrained” home invaders? You don’t get to pick who breaks into your home. You are automatically assuming that bad guys are always untrained and poorly armed. Guess what? Veterans and cops go bad, and some bad guys get trained. I always assume that the other guy is, at a minimum, as well-armed and well-trained as I am. Maybe that’s why I ain’t been shot yet. I can document multiple, actual cases, where the bad guys had either been trained in the military or while they were “leading a life of crime”. FBI Miami Shootout. North Hollywood Shootout. A father son bank robber team outside Milwaukee that trained regularly on their own property.

You also state that you do not expect the intruders to be prepared to be met with force. Why would you think that? A rural home in the woods of Georgia? Chances are, there are hunting firearms in there, at the very least.

With every post you further display your lack of training and background in a tactical situation which you want to expound upon and be seen as having a handle on. The fact of the matter is, you continually display your ignorance of the subject. I am not saying that with intent to attack you or “call you names”. I am not saying you are ignorant (big difference), I am saying that you are talking about a subject about which you are ignorant. If I argued with folks for 13 pages about the makeup of sediment on the surface of Mars, one could call me ignorant of the subject and they would be 100% correct.

ignorant
adjective
ig·no·rant
ˈig-n(ə-)rənt

• 1a : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified parents ignorant of modern mathematics

Not intended as a slur.

Other than the the persons in your bedroom, what else in your home are you planning on protecting with Deadly Force?

What other “factors”?

Sometimes, like this particular instance, “blanket statements” work. Notice I never said “Don’t ever leave your bedroom to clear your house!”

The difference is that you are espousing it as a Plan A, preferred tactic. I’m saying that it is only viable in exigent circumstances, which makes it a Plan B......at most.

only a plan A for me at my current residence, Everybody else has to make their on assessments and proceed accordingly. I don't share your opinion on the "blanket statements' in this isstance

I can do exactly that! We can set up a time and a date, I’ll bring the training equipment, and we can do the 2 scenarios, 5x each, at your very own home! The intruders will start outside and not set foot inside your home until the scenario starts. That what you have in mind?

Why “green untrained” home invaders? You don’t get to pick who breaks into your home. You are automatically assuming that bad guys are always untrained and poorly armed. Guess what? Veterans and cops go bad, and some bad guys get trained. I always assume that the other guy is, at a minimum, as well-armed and well-trained as I am. Maybe that’s why I ain’t been shot yet. I can document multiple, actual cases, where the bad guys had either been trained in the military or while they were “leading a life of crime”. FBI Miami Shootout. North Hollywood Shootout. A father son bank robber team outside Milwaukee that trained regularly on their own property.

You also state that you do not expect the intruders to be prepared to be met with force. Why would you think that? A rural home in the woods of Georgia? Chances are, there are hunting firearms in there, at the very least.

With every post you further display your lack of training and background in a tactical situation which you want to expound upon and be seen as having a handle on. The fact of the matter is, you continually display your ignorance of the subject. I am not saying that with intent to attack you or “call you names”. I am not saying you are ignorant (big difference), I am saying that you are talking about a subject about which you are ignorant. If I argued with folks for 13 pages about the makeup of sediment on the surface of Mars, one could call me ignorant of the subject and they would be 100% correct.

ignorant
adjective
ig·no·rant
ˈig-n(ə-)rənt

• 1a : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified parents ignorant of modern mathematics

Not intended as a slur.

I am not thin skinned so no offense taken

Let me make sure I have this correct, you want me to let several people I don't know including you in to my home and expose my security protocols?
(Have you lost your Mind)?

It is possible trained professionals could attack my home, but it is not likely, I don't have enough of the kind of valuables that normally attract that sort of criminal. also I don't recall writing that invaders would not expect me to be armed. If I did write that it was in error.
Obviously you and I are not going to agree so I think at this point we are just running laps.

I have observed you on several occasions offer help to folks on here with gun or equipment problems, which leads me to believe you are well-intentioned and are trying to help people, so if i offended you with the cowering remark in my first post. I apologize.

......and I noticed that once again my offer of free training for the dissenter to prove their stance/theory/claim has not been accepted. Been making similar offers for years, almost as long as I’ve been on the internet. No takers to date.

If you’re not willing to prove your tactic in a training environment, how can you possibly have confidence in it as a real world Plan A?

Not sure where youre located but if im ever close, ill take some free training.

Back
Top Bottom