• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Stupid question....

When ever anyone uses the term"legally" with me I ask where they they got their law degree from and how long since they passed the bar.

Do you have any idea of how many internet discussions that would stop dead in its tracks?

Whole forums would have to be shut down.

Every one can generalize on important life decisions based on what happened to their drunk brother in law Bubba.

Do you have any idea of how many internet discussions that would stop dead in its tracks?

Whole forums would have to be shut down.

Every one can generalize on important life decisions based on what happened to their drunk brother in law Bubba.

"legally" you can't stop freedom of speech :rofl:

"legally" you can't stop freedom of speech :rofl:

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability."

Ron White

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding."

Proverbs 17:28

"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Wrongly attributed to both Abraham Lincoln and Mark Twain

South Carolina does have this as a carry law.

http://scstatehouse.gov/code/t23c031.php

SECTION 23-31-225. Carrying concealed weapons into residences or dwellings.

No person who holds a permit issued pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23 may carry a concealable weapon into the residence or dwelling place of another person without the express permission of the owner or person in legal control or possession, as appropriate. A person who violates this provision is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not less than one thousand dollars or imprisoned for not more than one year, or both, at the discretion of the court and have his permit revoked for five years.

HISTORY: 1996 Act No. 464, Section 12.

South Carolina does have this as a carry law.

http://scstatehouse.gov/code/t23c031.php

image.jpeg

I'll start with I carry (concealed) pretty much 99% of the time.... but sometimes while pushing, pulling, lifting, climbing over and around, it's not as concealed as it would normally be.

So the other day I was almost done getting this safe installed, when the customer came up to me and said "I don't care .... BUT .... did you know .... "LEGALLY" .... you would have to ask permission to carry a firearm in someones home." :confused2: sooooo for argument sake, I played dumb, apologized, thanked them for teachin' me somethin' new, got paid and moved on with my day. :thumb:

My question is, has anyone heard of any laws even remotely close to this????

Definitely not true. If he asked you to leave, then you have to leave, but you don't have to tell him crap.

Back
Top Bottom