• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Subsonic 22 Ammo... helllllooooooo?

bluesman2a

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
32   0
Reaction score
OK, I'm right there with everybody else, I get it, 22 is ridiculous to find for most intents and purposes these days. For the most part I'm set for .22 because, well, I just keep "a supply" and I lucked out on a couple of deals a while back.

BUT!

I have this new suppressor I would like to try on some semi-auto hosts and I CANNOT find any sub-sonic ammo to play with!!!

So here's the question: where can one find non-flipper-price 22 subsonic ammo these days?

Alternatively, a trade?
If there is anybody out there who has a decent supply of sub-sonic, I would be more than happy to trade either standard 22 ammo (I have a number of reputable brands/flavors), or I have a fairly good supply of CCI Quiet, which is great stuff, and uber-quiet but at only 710 FPS out of the muzzle, it doesn't have the umph to cycle a semi-auto. I've used it very happily with my savage MarkII bolt action. Link: http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=5&loadNo=960

Anybody have suggestions or something to trade? I've waited 8 months for this thing, now I don't wanna have to wait another 8 to SHOOT it!

So here's the question: where can one find non-flipper-price 22 subsonic ammo these days?

Alternatively, a trade?
If there is anybody out there who has a decent supply of sub-sonic, I would be more than happy to trade either standard 22 ammo (I have a number of reputable brands/flavors), or I have a fairly good supply of CCI Quiet, which is great stuff, and uber-quiet but at only 710 FPS out of the muzzle, it doesn't have the umph to cycle a semi-auto. I've used it very happily with my savage MarkII bolt action. Link: http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=5&loadNo=960

Anybody have suggestions or something to trade? I've waited 8 months for this thing, now I don't wanna have to wait another 8 to SHOOT it!
Well, if you find some "non flipper priced sub sonics" but they do not want to trade, I'll gladly buy some of your "non flipper priced CCI Quiet". :)

The same situation made me realize what an idiot I am... I probably keep two dozen bricks of regular old rimfire (I was seriously unhappy after the 2008 election- there was no rimfire then either... so when it came back, I bought six bricks a week for awhile).

I did luck up and find it in stock at Palmetto State Armory- they had CCI subsonics in stock for a few minutes back in January. Thankfully that took care of my suppressor food.

As of Saturday, a pawn shop in Warner Robins had a ton of CCI subs according to a guy at my gun club- but they were $10 per 100. Another fellow got two bricks of Winchester 40 grain subsonics from the local Bass Pro a few weeks ago- but that was a $38 brick of ammo.

I just wanted to say thanks for the PM's. I think I have enough to get through for a while. And I responded to a couple of others to help them out as well. The ODT is a great place.

I would still like to lay in a supply, but don't want to be that hoarder-guy. It's not uncommon to burn through 100-200 in a session just with a bolt-action, much less what I can burn in my 10-22! Don't want to be greedy, but I think I'm gonna like my new can.
So if you know of anyplace else I should look, I'm all ears!

Buy you a pistol or 3 for a host and start shooting some normal stuff until more SS becomes available. It's starting to reappear.

I have several. I need to get one threaded, and my GSG 1911 thread adapter should be here this week... So I got that side covered. Also thanks to a couple of fellow ODTers I have enough SS to get through the near term.

As a side note, I tried Dixie Ammo Dump today as they have traditionally had more on hand than most, but at higher prices... They had 2 boxes of Federal Target SS at $9.00/50 (unsurprisingly, I told them thank you very much but no thanks, I'll pass).

Back
Top Bottom