• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suggestions on my first cans

What is the best way to buy them? Through a local shop?

There are a few ODT'ers that sell them as a business. I'm a bit surprised that one or two haven't reached out.

There's some advantage to buying local if you want to actually see and handle the cans you're interested in buying, and having that local connection will mean that you've got access to someone who can guide you through your paperwork.

There are a few ODT'ers that sell them as a business. I'm a bit surprised that one or two haven't reached out.

There's some advantage to buying local if you want to actually see and handle the cans you're interested in buying, and having that local connection will mean that you've got access to someone who can guide you through your paperwork.

That would be ideal.

I’d go with a 22 and 45 for my first 2 if I did it over again. I really like the Rugged Oculus 22 suppressor so much that I have 2 of them. I also have both the Obsidian 9 & 45 and both of them are terrific as well. 9mm is nice to suppress if you have sub sonic ammo, although most 45 ammo is naturally sub.

I’d go with a 22 and 45 for my first 2 if I did it over again. I really like the Rugged Oculus 22 suppressor so much that I have 2 of them. I also have both the Obsidian 9 & 45 and both of them are terrific as well. 9mm is nice to suppress if you have sub sonic ammo, although most 45 ammo is naturally sub.

I am definitely going with a .45

I have 9mm and .40 with threaded barrels already.

What is it you like about the Oculus over other ones?

Do not get a 9mm can, get one in 45. Easier to throw the hotdog down the hallway than throw a 45 through a 9 can. Plus you can get end caps for other calibers.

My suggestion:
1st: 22 can. Almost any good one. Get a bolt gun. Insane
308 can: pick one. Then your HD won’t make you go deaf
Last: 45 can. I have a Griffin Revolution 45 snd like it but they are all about the same. Pick a mount you like and go for it.

You’re welcome to shoot my stuff on your hosts (or mine) if you want.

Back
Top Bottom