• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Suggestions on my first cans

Do not get a 9mm can, get one in 45. Easier to throw the hotdog down the hallway than throw a 45 through a 9 can. Plus you can get end caps for other calibers.

My suggestion:
1st: 22 can. Almost any good one. Get a bolt gun. Insane
308 can: pick one. Then your HD won’t make you go deaf
Last: 45 can. I have a Griffin Revolution 45 snd like it but they are all about the same. Pick a mount you like and go for it.

You’re welcome to shoot my stuff on your hosts (or mine) if you want.

Thank you. I'd love to take you up on that sometime. I don't shoot .308 anymore enough to bother but I do a fair amount of .223

Mask is king on 22s! There is a ton that goes into pistol cans. If you want to DM me your number I can call and give you some ideas! Some 9mm cans are great for certain applications (mod9sk for compact) and terrible for others (Wolfman is king for PCC but not so good for handguns).

Thank you. I'd love to take you up on that sometime. I don't shoot .308 anymore enough to bother but I do a fair amount of .223
I don’t shoot a ton of it eaither, but cans are annoying lifetime purchases. Should I decide to, I want the option.

Attachments

• 7519981B-7F62-4219-89A5-325AFD1DAE48.jpeg
    7519981B-7F62-4219-89A5-325AFD1DAE48.jpeg
    402.9 KB · Views: 17
I'm about to buy a .22 and a 9mm silencer. I'd love suggestions on what I should buy and how I should go about it.
Hard to go wrong with a CGS Hydra-SS and CGS mod 9 FS.

Dead air mask is awesome. I don't know who they are made by right now if you order.i think I've seen 3 different manufacturers on form 3's. I have one personally from BP firearms it's been great for several years. There's lots of good 22 cans. I'd go for stainless baffles if you're just gonna have one though. You can throw stainless baffles in a tumbler with soap and water and walk away, then come back and they are sparkly clean. sovietak474u sovietak474u taught me that.

Silencerco octane 9 is easy to service and also pretty cheap. Make sure to check piston availability for whatever can you pick.

YHM R9 is heavy, but sounds great on 9mm and you can also send 556 through it if you want. Its heavier than things of similar size but also quieter. I have a boring video on the r9 and a mod9sk I was surprised at the difference.

Let me know if you get up to Blairsville and want to try something.

Back
Top Bottom