• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Survival Training

That was a Condor 3day assault pack. Best one I've found so far for what I was wanting to do with it.
I think I have 8 or 9 ALICE packs and none of them foot the bill.

As far as the next trip. Not sure yet as I am still trying to knock down some deer for jerky.
The weather right now is perfect though! I am thinking about looking into the Jacks River Trail
for the next one. More miles available and depending on where you start, can be alot easier
than the trail we went on.

What an excellent productive idea. Did anyone take this idea to the degree of making a list of those that are in? How do we facilitate this to actually develop beyond discussion?
One suggestion is to all PM whomever is open to being the facilitator with a phone number, either Buckslayer30533 or myself or whoever is willing to take the lead. But the lead must be taken.

Anyone wanting to PM me, may and I can start a group list. But I think this is an excellent idea.

So when is the next one and where?

I am ready for the next one as well. I thinks the Jacks River trail would be a nice choice. Alot longer
and not such an incline. When. Not sure when but I am good for whenever.

I would like to go for a longer period of time for this one as well. I am thinking in the 4-5 day range.

Last edited:
I'm down for jacks river. Carrying the pack didn't seem that hard when it was kind of flat walking with a little terrain. I would like to do a couple of more nights also. i can't do Jan 8th weekend (birthday), Feb 12 (trip)weekend or March 18 weekend (getting married). Any other weekend I can do.

I have no problem traveling for a distance. What I told you guys last time we went out is what I would
like to do. Go for 4-5 days and move each day. Hike for awhile until we find a good spot and set up camp.
I think I have my inventory in my BOB worked out but I would like to try it out for 4-5 days and a decent
haul. The Jacks is right at 16 miles or so and I would think we could do that in 3 days easily without much
effort. The extra days I would like to spend teaching and learning some things. Last time we went out, we
didn't have any time to discuss skills or things like that.

I would think that we could look at early spring for a trip like this. If we did the Jacks, there are alot of river
crossings and I wouldn't want to do that in the extremely cold weather. I am doing a 5 day trout fishing trip in
mid April but most anything prior to or after would work for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom