• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Survival Training

I am good with the instructor depending on how many we get.

As far as location, I do not care either way Blue Ridge or Cohutta. It all depends
on what you are looking for. Hike in? Drive in? Large camp area? In the middle of nowhere?
I personally think it is a good idea to stay close just in case there is a problem. Blue
Ridge and Rock Creek is certainly good for that as well as some good trout fishing.
You can hike back in the woods as far as you want from the camp at the road.
Cohutta your hiking no matter what unless you stay in Conosauga Lake Campground
(not my preference by any means)
There has been some vehicles getting damaged recently in North Georgia that are left alone.

I have several locations in mind if we get together and figure out what we want out of the trip.
Each location has it's ups and downs and is good for one thing but not another.

I do not know if I can make the 25th yet. I already had plans for that day but they could fall thru
just as easily.

So, we are going to have a meeting this Saturday 9/25/2010. Since no one has came up with a place or time, I guess I am going to do that. I suggest either Alpha Soda restaurant in Alpharetta on Haynes Bridge Rd or Wills Park in Alpharetta. The restaurant has a covered porch that would fit the 15-20 guys we have or we can meet at Wills Park. I know that I live in Alpharetta, but it seemed central for all of the people that have showed interest in this. Dahlonega, Roswell, Gwinnet, Atlanta and Marietta. I think we even have one in Locust Grove, which is way south of Atlanta. Wills park is obviously big enough, but don't know if we can catch a table and chairs for everyone, so that is why I mentioned the restaurant. I was thinking of a 10 am meeting time, this way we can all sit outside and won't be too hot at that time in the am. It's kind of a diner type restaurant with very good food. Plus it will be over in enough time to get home and watch college football or do whatever you might have planed. We can meet, discuss where we want to go, what we want to bring, different skills each of us have, and what we can bring to teach eachother with. We can also discuss getting the gentleman that BuckSlayer was talking about to come with us and teach about edible plants and get more info from him. I guess we are still shooting to make this trip the weekend of 10/22-10/24? We can discuss this also as it can be changed if needed. Can I get a some replys as to who can make this meet on 9/25 at Alpha Soda at 10am? thanks, look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:
Here is the address for it. If coming up 400 north, your exit haynes bridge turn left, go over 400 and it's about 1.5 miles on left. if coming down 400 south, you exit haynes bridge and turn right, it's 1.5 mile on the left, two buildings passed the Quik Trip. I'm hoping to get a head count by Thursday, I was going to call the manager and let him know we are coming if we have 20 or so guys. If it's 15 or less, it shouldn't be a problem. So far I we have 4 guys and me, which is 5. BuckSlayer, jsquared, Mosby, Outlander, and myself. let me know if plan on coming. thanks

Alpha Soda Family Restaurant
Address: 11760 Haynes Bridge Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004
Telephone: (770) 442-3102

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom