• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Survival Trip to Cohutta 10/23 & 10/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ok with going Saturday afternoon. I guess i was hoping i could take a half day on friday. lol. I'm good with whichever. I don't particularly want to pay $ to camp. I just put that map up so people could look. I'd like to stick to 3-7 miles in. that will give us more time to learn about techniques at camp and about our bags. It's hard for me to say a certain trail b/c i've never been up there. We will need a trail that has some water now and again.

Tony and Jsquared, i would like to get with you guys about the maps and stuff. let me know if you get together this weekend.

I will go through my trail book this afternoon and narrow down some of the trails.
I will post of several options with descriptions and then we will have to put it to a vote.

I can meet most any day this week except Wednesday around lunch or we can wait until this weekend.
Just let me know what works best for you guys. I sure wish I could have made it to the first meet in
Alpharetta!

Sounds good, thanks Tony. How about getting together some evening this week to go over those maps? Or perhaps this weekend if you are not busy, I am free all day Saturday.

Lets do Saturday then, I work until 6 or so all week. Maybe we can get together for breakfast again with some of the rest of the group and nail down a location once and for all.

Anytime in the morning works well for me. Where are you located? We could go anywhere thats convenient, just a diner or something for breakfast, maybe around 10?

Oh and I got a response from Mark Warren with some bad news:

I'll be hosting a parent/child campout on the 23rd/24th, so unfortunately that won't work for me. It is something I do a lot. I travel quite a bit to do programs at the sites of customers' choices. It's one of my favorite things to do. I charge by the day or half-day: $340 or $220. If it's a long trip I throw in a request for some gas money. I've spent some time in the Cohuttas but not on Fort Mountain, other than to drive over it. That's really no handicap, though. Wherever we go, we'll find what we need. That's the joy of survival.
I hope we can set up another date.
As to the wild plants class here (Oct. 30-31), it's a 2-day gathering with camping (some will motel it) and will cover a lot of ground on wild edibles and medicinals and how to identify. At this point I have 7 spaces remaining. I hope your Ft. Mtn. excursion goes well.

So it looks like he is out for that weekend :( Bummer.

Well that does kind of suck. Oh well. I am still ok with going on those dates.

As far as the meet, what about somewhere in Marietta. I am almost to Rome
so Marietta is a 40 mile trip for me.

I was going to post up the trails I found and the good/bad of each so we could make a
decision. I light of the Mark Warren thing, let's get in tough with everybody who was
planning on going and see if they are still interested in going. If the group decides not
to go at that time, I am ok with it but I will probably still go anyway.

Do you want to shoot a PM to everybody that was going?

Sure I can do that. Marietta sounds fine with me, its about 25 miles from my place. How about Marietta Diner? Its on Cobb Pkwy right South of 120.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom