• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Swat team for a baby deer?

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/armed-swat-team-descends-on-animal-shelter-to-kill-baby-deer/

Asked by a reporter why they couldn’t have addressed this matter with a phone call, instead of an armed raid, a law enforcement official compared the matter to a drug bust:

“Could you have made a phone call before showing up, I mean, that’s a lot of resources,” WISN 12 News investigative reporter Colleen Henry asked.

“If a sheriff’s department is going in to do a search warrant on a drug bust, they don’t call them and ask them to voluntarily surrender their marijuana or whatever drug that they have before they show up,” Niemeyer said,

Because deer at a no kill shelter is the same as drug dealing...

saw this the other day

figured there were enough dumbass cop stuff on here

ya this is pretty wasteful and lame, bunch of idiots could have sent one or two officers over there with a leash and a warrant

but no, they had to tacticool it out so the operators could effectively defend themselves against a hippie and a baby deer

Thank God there were no causalities, high risk assignment like this...., you never know what can go wrong..

:very_drunk: (give me a f'n break guys)

Last edited:
This article has embellishments.

Local new articles just say that the deer was put down by DNR Rangers. No mention of SWAT, Does DNR even have a swat team?

Local new articles just say that the deer was put down by DNR Rangers. No mention of SWAT, Does DNR even have a swat team?

Almost positive they don't. Only specialized unit they have that I know of is a few k9s.

Oops just realized this article is from Wisconsin. Maybe they do? Lol

Last edited:
It does...but holy cow I hope there are a hell of allot. The SO made quite the statement about "drug raids" being somehow similar....well most rational folks would disagree unless the "caretaker" was a convicted felon with a violent past and weapons verified on-site...you know the whole "matrix" deal. I really hope to see a follow up with some clear facts.

Does DNR even have a swat team?

I hope not....but with every IG's office seeming to have one, who knows...

Back
Top Bottom