• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

sweet potato Pie and hush my mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you carry a 45? You must really want to KILL someone.
Jury just came back and gave you 20 years for defending yourself with a 45 because you could have just as easily subdued the perp. with a 22 and he could be getting FREE medical treatment and before long he would be able to return to his daily activities. By the way you just got a notice that you are being sued by the perp.

WOW, you really live in your own little world don't you. I use a 45 because it's more effective in stopping the threat. A 22 isn't. In fact, there have been a lot of people in other threads that have pushed the idea that a 22 can kill someone just fine so there is no need for a heavy hitter. I have pointed out to them in those threads that the goal is to stop the threat not kill the BG 20 minutes after you shoot them. The death of the BG is a side effect of defending yourself, not the goal.

The whole reason that there are laws for the use of deadly force is because there can not be a sliding scale as to how threatened someone feels. If that was the case, you could walk up to anyone, shoot them and claim feeling threatened as your justification. Nowhere in any law does fear make deadly force justified. Maybe you should try not to be so scared by a dieing, unarmed kid. But I understand if you can't help it. Fortunately that makes no legal or moral difference.

WOW, you really live in your own little world don't you. I use a 45 because it's more effective in stopping the threat. A 22 isn't. In fact, there have been a lot of people in other threads that have pushed the idea that a 22 can kill someone just fine so there is no need for a heavy hitter. I have pointed out to them in those threads that the goal is to stop the threat not kill the BG 20 minutes after you shoot them. The death of the BG is a side effect of defending yourself, not the goal.

The whole reason that there are laws for the use of deadly force is because there can not be a sliding scale as to how threatened someone feels. If that was the case, you could walk up to anyone, shoot them and claim feeling threatened as your justification. Nowhere in any law does fear make deadly force justified. Maybe you should try not to be so scared by a dieing, unarmed kid. But I understand if you can't help it. Fortunately that makes no legal or moral difference.

You could stop him with a tazer or pepper spray, or maybe even a ball bat, neither one of those will kill him. But no you want to carry a big ol 45 so you can go out and shoot and kill a perp. with only one bullet and not even give them a chance to surrender. Who's the murder?

I"m just gonna put 911 in my speed dial so if'n I need some protect'n I'll have a po po on sight in a matter of seconds. Probably faster than I could rack a bullet.

Where do you aim when you shoot a perp?

At their leg or foot?

It just seems that tough talk never pans out the way the person speaking thinks it will.

Nobody really knows how they're going to react until they get into that situation. That goes for everybody. Until it happens, yes, it's all just talk and theory. I just don't think it's fair to simply assume that anyone that has not been in that situation will necessarily pee themselves and run for mamma.

You could stop him with a tazer or pepper spray, or maybe even a ball bat, neither one of those will kill him. But no you want to carry a big ol 45 so you can go out and shoot and kill a perp. with only one bullet and not even give them a chance to surrender. Who's the murder?

I"m just gonna put 911 in my speed dial so if'n I need some protect'n I'll have a po po on sight in a matter of seconds. Probably faster than I could rack a bullet.

At their leg or foot?

hahahah , Sorry but I could not help but to laugh at this. You are for executing someone who is not a threat but you dont wanna stop the threat. Wow.

At their leg or foot?

Tazers, pepper spray, ball bats and 911 are all much less effective in stopping the threat, but you know that. You are clearly just trying to justify your murderous intent rather than recognizing that I'm unwilling to compromise my ability to defend myself while at the same time understanding the difference between defense and murder. This is also why I aim center mass. Because it is most effective in STOPPING the THREAT.

You can lamely try and twist the meaning of my words as long as you like and it will not change the fact that you have the mind set of a vigilantly, not someone that is willing to justifiably use deadly force to defend themselves and others.

Your quotes make this clear.

"I would never shoot anything to wound it. DRT If you don't succeed at first try, try again."

"Well in my eyes if'n he's a still a kick'n then he needs to be shot again, or better yet just cut his throat and save a bullet."

"The Marine should have shot the cameraman first."

"The first round was misplaced the last five were well placed for good measure and good riddance."

"I would put one between his eyes with powder burn, if he was on his knees begging."

"Come out with your hands up, that will make you an easier target."

"It's better to hide the bodies in the swamp."

"If you threaten my life and change your mind when the table is turned, doesn't mean that you get a hall pass. It means that you will be just as dead as if you were still being aggressive."

"I don't recognize white flags, don't start what you cant't finish."

"A bullet in the brain pan and you don't have to watch out for him any longer."

"If someone tries to harm me or my family I will go for the ultimate force. If he gives up that would just make him an easier target."

Are you a troll or do you actually believe all this crap?

Nobody really knows how they're going to react until they get into that situation. That goes for everybody. Until it happens, yes, it's all just talk and theory. I just don't think it's fair to simply assume that anyone that has not been in that situation will necessarily pee themselves and run for mamma.

Yeah, but when they run their mouth about how tough they are and try to talk like a bad a$$ most of the time they are compensating for deep seated fears that will effect their behavior if they ever do run into some real s**t. The braggarts fold under pressure. One of the toughest SOBs I ever knew was a little, quiet guy that was not imposing in any way until he was in it. Then he was most definitely the one you wanted at your side. Absolutely lethal! I will admit that some of the best men I have met did have an earned confidant arrogance about them, but that's a very different thing from just shooting off your mouth.

Last edited:
You should always dispatch the thug quickly with 2 well placed rounds![/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Bear44
You beat me to it! LOL!

Why would you want to shoot him twice?

Oh, I know if the first one doesn't kill him you're hoping the second one would.

It only takes one shot to remove the threat.

I'm glad that you are full of yourself.

You should always dispatch the thug quickly with 2 well placed rounds!

Originally Posted by Bear44
You beat me to it! LOL!

Why would you want to shoot him twice?

Oh, I know if the first one doesn't kill him you're hoping the second one would.

It only takes one shot to remove the threat.

I'm glad that you are full of yourself.[/QUOTE]

I dont understand why your being so hostle. You said you would shoot them even though they are unarmed and laying down on the ground. BUT when he defends himself with a double tap then your action is better than his? I dont understand that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom