• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Switching from Glock to Wheelgun for church protection team

Have you considered a Shield EZ?

Screenshot_20230521-223503_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I shoot revolvers well.
But they're not easy to shoot fast using the trigger double-action.

Last year I sold my 2" bbl. S&W 637 and got an older 3" barreled model 37, and it has been much easier to point shoot or do accurate aimed fire.

If I were you, I'd consider the Shield EZ, especially the .380 version that has a ridiculously easy slide to rack. Those guns have nice light (long single action) triggers.

If you do get a wheel gun might as well consider the 686+ (plus) which gives a 7th round. You can get many barrel lengths and load .38s if you wish.

Another option is the 627 which is the larger N-frame (44mag) but has an 8-shot .357 cylinder. They make snubbies in that too.

IMG_9229.jpeg

...I’d step down and allow someone more able to join the detail. ... but reality is what it is.

The reality at most churches is that they're short on qualified, physically fit volunteers to do security work or just about any other type of work.

The Shield EZ are a great choice if wanting to stick to a semi auto.

If a wheel gun is your way to go ( as it is your back up already) then my choice would be:

1. A Smith model 60 in 357mag, getting a 3 inch barrel. This is my first choice based of my guess, or ASSumption that your back up 38 is a J-frame or similar 5 shot. Sticking to the same j-frame and using .38spl plus p ammo ( I personally like Gold Dots or Hornaday CD) keeps overall cost down, and the interchangeable ammo/speed loaders could be a force multiplier.

2. Either a Kimber or Colt 6 shot 357mag in a 3 inch barrel. The longer the barrel length the better velocity and marksmanship can be expected. The 6 round cylinders give you 20% more ammo and still keep a very slim and concealed frame. Keeping 38spl Plus P gives ammo interchangeable but the cylinder difference stops the same speed loaders from usage but speed strip are an option that work well for those that train with them and they have a more concealed profile.

It happens to all of us eventually Sir, ;
“I recently found, due to advancing age and lack of strength in my primary hand that I had difficulties clearing a stove pipe jam”.
You did your time in a stellar manner.
You’ll always be a willing back up and a trusted advisor but it’s probably time.
Probably time to Pick your replacements. Someone or some group of someones who can train to work multiple tools simultaneously.

I stole this from OttoMan’s post. Maybe this is one of those perfect fits for … https://truthseekersworldwide.com/n...3KNbskb9AijUD2PdprEdQwJfoZPABFLYhSGsR9wVKE574

Back
Top Bottom