Swords for SHTF

Is a combat-ready sword an appropriate prep for a long-term SHTF?

• Total voters
My post-apocalypse cigar cutter. My AR's may have mall ninja accessories, but if it goes "Old School" forget ninjas. Daniel Boone, all day long, baby, yeah...

Any body remember Fess Parker splitting the tree with his hatchet in the opening sequence of the old series?

Enjoy, mi amigos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrLx-Jqm980

Attachments

• PICT0272.jpg
    PICT0272.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 22
When I run out of bullets...I go buy more bullets. Well, I say that but I don't recall a time in my life ever running out. If I ever do, I have a couple hundred arrows because every year, I stalk walmart at the end of bow season and clean out the rack when they mark them all down to a dollar.

My buddy Weaver ran out of ammo in the weeks following Katrina, while scaring off raiders. It could happen, especially if an incident is prolonged or there isn't a substantial stockpile of ammo.

I have a woman who lives down the street and I'm pretty sure she's an Orc. Would love to confirm your sword will actually glow blue. Should be easy. She's constantly sitting in her open garage chain smoking. If you walk up to her with the sword and don't get shot in the process I will buy you a case of beer.

Hahaha, this is awesome. Be careful, the Eye of Sarron may be upon you

I've got a pretty thick stack of throwing stars in my chest rig. If I ever find a carpenters hatchet for cheep im gonna make a t-hawk like The guys that post on here. Heck yeah why not have a SHTF sword. Why not go out like he-man?

Back
Top Bottom