• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Synthetic Oil

I have synthetic in my bike and I change it every 5000.... just sounded a little high for a vehicle... Thanks
The thing that has always bothered me about the recommended mileage on synthetic oil changes is this; I'm sure that the oil won't break down before the 10,000 mile marker but I am always concerned about the amount of condensation in the motor/oil caused by start and stop driving in town. I drive a diesel and I still change the oil between 4,500 and 5,000 miles.

5k-6k, & rotate tires while your at it! If you change it yourself, Wally World is cheapest on oil, use full synthetic, only a few bucks more.

While synthetic oil doesn't break down as quickly as regular oil. But look at the picture. The smallest dark circle represents the 1-5 micron particle size that wears out your motor. The second larger open circle represents how big it has to be to be captured in a standard spin on oil filter. So the reason for changing your oil is removing the particles that will wear out your motor
IMG_0065.JPG

I've been using AMSOIL (100% synthetic) for 10+ years. 25,000 miles on an oil change. No problems with my trucks. My current truck has 350,000 on it. The one before had 310,000 (totaled in a small accident by the insurance company). I have several friends that use it in their vehicles. It is the best oil available. You need to use AMSOILs extended life oil filters also, the ones in the auto store are not made to last.
Use AMSOIL in my RV and ATV.
You see AMSOIL on the motocycle race circuit and other racing arenas. It is the best that I've found. Here is a link, it is not stocked in auto parts stores, AMSOIL sells through online and at independent dealers.
http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/?zo=1345690

Back
Top Bottom