• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Talking about school security...what guns?

B5C9F1B6-0049-4F67-9C66-A78C7F5F06CD.jpeg

Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Hey, just what you see in here pal!

Even a petite woman can learn to use a pistol caliber carbine effectively.
It needs to be a LIGHT WEIGHT gun, though.
Closer to 5 lbs. than to 9 lbs.
Some of these AR’s are pretty heavy, with bull barrels and heavy scopes/ optics.

I don't think it needs to be light weight, as long as the person using it is proficient with it. My wife uses my AR10 all the time and doesn't complain about it being 10 lbs. Granted she has used it enough that she is used to the weight.

Again, as long as the user is proficient I think they should be able to choose the weapon they want to use. Give them a list to choose from, say AR15, 870, M1 Carbine, AR9, etc...

View attachment 1531377 View attachment 1531014
With all this talk about arming folks in the schools, what guns do you think were talking about? Concealed carry semi-autos? Ankle revolvers? Shotguns or rifles in a secure, central closets? What kind of ammo? Sights? Optics? What say the operators?

Every teacher (have alot around me) I ever asked if they could pull the trigger on a 15 year old, they all hesitated.
Even most one time gun purchasers I run into - leave in the car, aren't carrying one in the chamber, afraid it will be used against them, never train or unsecure about the way to carry concealed/ won't change their wardrobe to conceal, so I'm disagreeing with trump on this one. Guns have been around for 200 years with no school shootings until the last 20 years. Weird how Pschotropic drugs & drills have been a "factor" in just about every school shooting but lets not ban those. Fla. gov wants 500 mil to fortify schools which will just take the crime scene out to the parking lot or class field trips. Like the Ky. gov. that wants to change the way people treat each other to begin with.

Attachments

• randal-davidson-mugshot.jpg
    randal-davidson-mugshot.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 5
View attachment 1531014

Every teacher (have alot around me) I ever asked if they could pull the trigger on a 15 year old, they all hesitated.
Even most one time gun purchasers I run into - leave in the car, aren't carrying one in the chamber, afraid it will be used against them,
never train or unsecure about the way to carry concealed/ won't change their wardrobe to conceal, so I'm disagreeing with trump on this one. Guns have been around for 200 years with no school shootings until the last 20 years. Wierd how Pschotropic drugs & drills have been a "factor" in just about every school shooting but lets not ban those.

Exactly. Most people I meet don't carry with a round in the chamber either. Even worse the women I know who "carry" have it in their purse, like they will be able to get to it when someone is threatening them. Not to mention, a lot of them say I don't want to kill them just scare them away.

Exactly. Most people I meet don't carry with a round in the chamber either. Even worse the women I know who "carry" have it in their purse, like they will be able to get to it when someone is threatening them. Not to mention, a lot of them say I don't want to kill them just scare them away.
There will certainly have to be a culture change. I think the difference between asking a teacher today if they could shoot a 15 year old they know and asking them after they just watched that same kid waste 2 or 3 of their 12 year old students across the room may get a radically different response. Besides...I'm not asking for some random flake, I'm asking for me. I work in a school now. I hope I never have to shoot anybody...ever...but if it comes down to it, I think I deserve the option. I wonder what the group's opinion is on this and what would be most effective if we can get folks at the school onboard.

Here's what the National Education Association had to say:

"Bringing guns into schools ‘does nothing to protect’ our students, educators from gun violence"

http://www.nea.org/home/72835.htm

Here's what the Georgia Association of Educators had to say:

"...the security of school campuses should be the main focus of the security professionals and the main focus of the teachers and students should be teaching and learning, not whether or not they bring their Glock to school.”

https://gae.org/issues-and-action/g...eleases/educators-come-carry-campus-gun-bill/

With all this talk about arming folks in the schools, what guns do you think were talking about? Concealed carry semi-autos? Ankle revolvers? Shotguns or rifles in a secure, central closets? What kind of ammo? Sights? Optics? What say the operators?
why not just lock the doors like at the court house and get there head out of their rear ends,

I'd be more worried about fire bombs.

Andrew Kehoe (no relation to the 90's brothers Kehoe), Bath Consolidated School, 1927. 38 children, 6 adults killed, 58 others wounded.

Back
Top Bottom