• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Talking to Police after a Self Defense Incident

Nope, none of your youtube videos or "advice" matter to me. Didn't you learn ANYTHING from the advice from someone that's been thru it.....apparently not

I don't watch allot of youtube videos, guess it's a generation thing. I was raised to think for my self, use common sense and trust the police
Again, as someone that's been thru it I'm still shaking my head at all the constant paranoia. If you guys don't want to deal with the consequences, don't carry but don't keep coming back at me like my case was an isolated incident with an unbelievable outcome with the police when cases like mine are the norm

If want to learn how to "HALO" I'm not going to youtube to learn how, I'm going to trust the word of someone that's actually done it and not some guy who watched a video on it
You guys trust your internet advice and experience
I'll take the experience with what I learned and keep rolling
It's sad when someone cries wolf and everyone grabs their pitch forks but are just too afraid to use them and tell the man that did he's wrong

Again You were the exception, not the rule. Whether you believe that or not it's up to you.

How about listing to someone who has been there. Maybe even wrote a few books on the subject.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massad_Ayoob

Again You were the exception, not the rule. Whether you believe that or not it's up to you.

How about listing to someone who has been there. Maybe even wrote a few books on the subject.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massad_Ayoob
Once again, there's no arguing with internet /youtube experts
I was the "rule", you guys are paranoid of being the "exception". You guys wanna **** your pants thinking about the consequences stop carrying and you'll be fine. Just make sure when you have to dial 911 you don't talk to the cops, lol

Once again, there's no arguing with internet /youtube experts
I was the "rule", you guys are paranoid of being the "exception". You guys wanna **** your pants thinking about the consequences stop carrying and you'll be fine. Just make sure when you have to dial 911 you don't talk to the cops, lol

I am neither a youtube or internet expert. Mr Massad Ayood wrote a few books with chapters about what happens after.

You keep saying I should stop carrying a gun, which if and when it is used as a SD tool would be a worse case scenario, but why should I stop planning for the worse case scenario when even if, as you say it's a exception to be arrested and tried on a shooting, when in fact that again would be a worse case scenario. Is it not better to plan for worst and pray for the best?

I am neither a youtube or internet expert. Mr Massad Ayood wrote a few books with chapters about what happens after.

You keep saying I should stop carrying a gun, which if and when it is used as a SD tool would be a worse case scenario, but why should I stop planning for the worse case scenario when even if, as you say it's a exception to be arrested and tried on a shooting, when in fact that again would be a worse case scenario. Is it not better to plan for worst and pray for the best?
Plan all you want, everybody does to a certain extent. Being prepared for what comes is another situation. Are "you"(in general) prepared to face the consequences of stopping someone from killing you and your family ?

I was and am willing to defend me and mine to the fullest extent. I'll deal with what comes next after it's all said and done
How's the old saying go that men used to say and believe but it appears is no longer the case, "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

I still 100% agree with this statement, but I would rather not give the 12 anymore information than needed to secure my not guilty verdict.
IF that were the case I'd rather not have cops in court telling the jury you were uncooperative, refused to give a statement until your attorney arrived, impeded their investigation..... Kinda makes someone sound like they're guilty as hell to me

"I was in fear of my life" is making a statement. I won't be impeding there investigation and will be fully complying with them, once my attorney is present. So no, it doesn't make anyone look guilty as hell.

"I was in fear of my life" is making a statement. I won't be impeding there investigation and will be fully complying with them, once my attorney is present. So no, it doesn't make anyone look guilty as hell.
That's not what's being argued. Saying NOTHING to the police until your attorney arrives is what I've said is WRONG

Repeat the phrase, "I was in fear for my life" until you talk to your lawyer.
Tell them you want to exercise your right to remain silent.

That's not what's being argued. Saying NOTHING to the police until your attorney arrives is what I've said is WRONG

Okay.

Nope, none of your youtube videos or "advice" matter to me. Didn't you learn ANYTHING from the advice from someone that's been thru it.....apparently not

I don't watch allot of youtube videos, guess it's a generation thing. I was raised to think for my self, use common sense and trust the police
Again, as someone that's been thru it I'm still shaking my head at all the constant paranoia. If you guys don't want to deal with the consequences, don't carry but don't keep coming back at me like my case was an isolated incident with an unbelievable outcome with the police when cases like mine are the norm

If want to learn how to "HALO" I'm not going to youtube to learn how, I'm going to trust the word of someone that's actually done it and not some guy who watched a video on it
You guys trust your internet advice and experience
I'll take the experience with what I learned and keep rolling
It's sad when someone cries wolf and everyone grabs their pitch forks but are just too afraid to use them and tell the man that did he's wrong
Funny how the word of someone that worked these cases doesn't hold any water with you...

Back
Top Bottom