Talking to Police after a Self Defense Incident

Ok, well that is a pretty unambiguous response. Thank you all for that. My second question, and it's possibly a stupid one, but whatever.

Do yall have like, lawyers on retainer, family friends that are lawyers, the number of a lawyer that you can call if something happens? Any of those, or how do yall deal with that?

I have a friend I can call. But being law enforcement myself, I meet lawyers all the time and get to talk with them. You can build a relationship with them and most of the time you get the "if you ever need me, here is my card" gesture. I have three cards in my wallet from when I worked at Cobb S.O. and I still keep in touch with these guys.

On the flip side, I have gotten cards from lawyers that I have tossed in the trash after watching them in court...

Ok, well that is a pretty unambiguous response. Thank you all for that. My second question, and it's possibly a stupid one, but whatever.

Do yall have like, lawyers on retainer, family friends that are lawyers, the number of a lawyer that you can call if something happens? Any of those, or how do yall deal with that?

I have lawyers in the family. :becky:

I try to be honest with everyone including the police. So yes I would talk to them and give them my side of the story. That is just me though and it is how I roll.

I did get into an accident one time and the officer asked me what happened. Some guy tried to make a left turn into traffic and didn't see me. I said to the officer "He pulled out so fast I couldn't stop" that made it into the police report and reading it later it sounded pretty gay to me. /Sigh

I try to be honest with everyone including the police. So yes I would talk to them and give them my side of the story. That is just me though and it is how I roll.

I did get into an accident one time and the officer asked me what happened. Some guy tried to make a left turn into traffic and didn't see me. I said to the officer "He pulled out so fast I couldn't stop" that made it into the police report and reading it later it sounded pretty gay to me. /Sigh

Soooo... It sounded exactly the way you said it?? LOL:boink:

I Have Legal Shield. It probably won't be the greatest lawyer but I have it, and I have multiple lawyers' cards I've met either through work and even one off of here.

:pound:

I have a friend I can call. But being law enforcement myself, I meet lawyers all the time and get to talk with them. You can build a relationship with them and most of the time you get the "if you ever need me, here is my card" gesture. I have three cards in my wallet from when I worked at Cobb S.O. and I still keep in touch with these guys.

On the flip side, I have gotten cards from lawyers that I have tossed in the trash after watching them in court...

Gotcha. So for someone in my situation, who doesn't have the background that runs into lawyers, doesn't really have a family friend that is one, etc, do you have any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom