Talking to Police after a Self Defense Incident

I said to the officer "He pulled out so fast I couldn't stop" that made it into the police report and reading it later it sounded pretty gay to me. /Sigh

20160408_180138.png

You will be in shock. Hopefully there will be reliable witnesses. Let officer know you will discuss once your lawyer is present. This will give you time to recover and think clearly before providing details and obtain legal rep you need to protect you especially if witnesses are hostile

:pound:

Gotcha. So for someone in my situation, who doesn't have the background that runs into lawyers, doesn't really have a family friend that is one, etc, do you have any recommendations?
Legal shield is decent, you have other services with it for like $60 a month. I've heard USCCA is supposed to be pretty good to have. I hear Sean Hannity advertise for theme a good bit I Looked into it but they seem kind of pricey.

Call the USCCA and get them to send you "What to say to the police after a self defense shooting." I believe it is free. You have reminded me how important it is to know this so I will also call. If I get it before anyone else, I'll post the steps

My father was a career LEO and he always told me, don't talk without an attorney...ever...no matter what. Real World, I think, I would make a simple statement like "I was in fear for my life and I'm pretty shook up now, want my attorney present before I answer anymore questions."

I know we have some officers on here. To those officers, what would happen if you responded to a self defense shooting and it was pretty clean clear case, but the shooter wanted a lawyer before speaking?

My father was a career LEO and he always told me, don't talk without an attorney...ever...no matter what. Real World, I think, I would make a simple statement like "I was in fear for my life and I'm pretty shook up now, want my attorney present before I answer anymore questions."

I know we have some officers on here. To those officers, what would happen if you responded to a self defense shooting and it was pretty clean clear case, but the shooter wanted a lawyer before speaking?
would let them wait. It's their right. No sense in pushing for it.

Back
Top Bottom