Tats, sleeves, socks, why the whole body covering attraction

Imagine she was the mother of your infant daughter or son. Would a snake coming out of a skull's eye be an ideal image for your newborn to see each time momma reached into the crib?
Part nature, part nurture. Fear is part of human DNA as a basic survival mechanism. Instinctive fear of things that are a threat (snakes, for obvious reasons, and things associated with death and decay, for less obvious reasons) are innate in humans. Cemented further by social constructs that drive infant learning. Nothing of what an infant sees or hears is going to reinforce skeletons or snakes as good companions. Seeing that image on its mother will, at best, be confusing, and at worst, damage the infant psyche in unpredictable ways.
Watch out, we have an expert here!

giphy.gif

By the way, I have not one, but two skulls on my body. Neither of my two boys were afraid of them as infants. I can confirm they have not developed any problems or have a damaged psyche as a result of my evil skull tattoos.

So if you have tattoos your a bad parent? Kinda like if you own scary guns you are a bad person? I don't get the logic, if you teach your kids to be scared of everything they will grow up liberal you need to teach respect and common since.

Some things are just inexcusable LOL

Watch out, we have an expert here!

giphy.gif

By the way, I have not one, but two skulls on my body. Neither of my two boys were afraid of them as infants. I can confirm they have not developed any problems or have a damaged psyche as a result of my evil skull tattoos.

I'm still looking for a Dr. Zeus book with skulls and serpents. Doesn't seem to be one out there. Not sure why, since your anecdotal experience proves that skull imagery is great for rearing newborns.

Never said it was great but you are condemning any parent that has them, we all raising our children to the best of ability and doing what is best in our hart's, it is not for you or I to judge we are all judged in the end.

Never said it was great but you are condemning any parent that has them, we all raising our children to the best of ability and doing what is best in our hart's, it is not for you or I to judge we are all judged in the end.

Not condemning anyone. We're all free to make whatever choices we like, while respecting the rights of others. I'm simply saying I believe there are circumstances for which that type of imagery isn't the best choice. I wouldn't do it. You can and did; you report you are satisfied with the outcome. Good.

So far I don't think anyone posting here that has ink has said it cost them anything, have they? I'm 2012 I was out in Portland taking care of an old buddy who was in the liver transplant program (VA) and I met a young guy that wanted to be a cop. He was refused due to a tattoo on the INSIDE OF HIS LOWER LIP! I thought that was extreme.

So if I get a tattoo of a cucumber cats will run away from me?
Comparing cats and human infants is about as apples and oranges as it gets.

Apparently, you've forgotten both cats and humans are mammals and share many mammalian traits. We study lots of other mammals, for details of how mammalian DNA works.

Apparently, you've forgotten both cats and humans are mammals and share many mammalian traits. We study lots of other mammals, for details of how mammalian DNA works.
Yeah...and apples and oranges are both fruit.
Apparently you are an expert.

Back
Top Bottom