Taurus PT 111 g2 Reviews?

I recently added one to my "range loaner" line-up for students to shoot in classes.

I've only ran a couple boxes through it but I am hopeful that it will be a good option for those who cannot afford a $400 plus gun for self-defense.

Being very picky about my triggers I thought it was rough & somewhat gritty so I took it apart & did a trigger job very similar to the Glock .25 trigger job.
Now the trigger is much smoother than before. We'll see how it stands up to a wide demographic of shooters.

I am cautiously optimistic.
Previous Taurus models i.e. PT111 Gen. 1, PT709, TCP, 24/7, PT92 etc. have all been very hit & miss regarding reliability. The revolvers worked have been fine though "unrefined" in fit, finish, trigger, & overall "smoothness" when compared to S&W, Colt, or Ruger.
The PT92's have been the least problematic Taurus semi-autos but I'm hoping this new G2 holds up.

I shot a buddy's, and did not like the trigger. It broke so far back that it was unnatural & uncomfortable for me. I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it.

Back
Top Bottom