Taurus PT 111 g2 Reviews?

Had one for a bit. Feeds ammo fine and did not have any malfunctions. I shot more accurate with my S&W Shield 40.
Great for a truck/boat gun but wouldn't want it as a carry piece. Tigger reset was surprisingly short. That's good in my book.

After almost 2 months I finally received the $50 rebate card which brings the actual cost down to $225 w/tax.

While it has not gotten as much trigger time in classes as the other guns when it has been shot it has not had any problems.
We've mainly been using the Sig mags. too although I've been seeing factory Taurus mags. for sale at a few different shops.

Attachments

• 20151124_155640-1.jpg
    20151124_155640-1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Small negatives are that the finish wears pretty quick & the trigger breaks deep into the "press" but overall (so far) it doesn't seem to be a bad option for those on very tight budgets.

It's hard to even find a good used option for $225-250.

Im over 1000 rounds into mine now and still only the one failure to fire due to a bad primer.

I'm very happy with it for what it is.. But still itching to replace it with an officers size 9mm 1911..... I just don't like plastic guns :lol:

I had one. Fine gun, especially for the money. But...

Cherokee G&P ran a sale on the Springfield XD9 Subcompact, and Springfield has a promotion for two free mags and range bag w/purchase.

The XD9 Subcompact is a far superior gun for $130 more. I can live with that.

Well I'm slightly over 1000 rounds now with no failures, and I have yet to clean it. I'm going to let it go until it finally chokes.

But yeah I'm impressed with it. It's the first Taurus I've ever owned.

Back
Top Bottom