• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Taurus rumor mill

Should I buy a PT111 or slap some tist instead?

• Total voters
I appreciate the positive feedback. All i can say is save up another paycheck or two and get yourself an S&W or Ruger. Im obviously not going to NOT sell someone a Taurus of they absolutely want one, but if i can sell up I will. And I work at a Field and Stream in New York. Another reason i sell up, in NY you need a pistol permit ($200 and about a 6+ month wait) to even touch a handgun. Why go through all that to waste your money? And if you have any questions feel free to dm me (if there is a direct message on here, fairly new)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Last time I checked we are not New York. If you can afford a more expensive gun and see the value in it by all means purchase it

As a gun salesman i too try too talk people out of a Taurus purchase. Its called selling up. Taurus semi handguns are just crap. Theres no sugar coating it. If i can talk someone into spending $100 more to get 500x the quality, I will. If you're dead set on waisting money ok a Turdus then by all means go ahead, and best of luck on finding a surgeon to reconstruct your hand after it blows up on you.

i.makeagif.com_media_8_25_2015_0O2k6C.gif

Not sure why people talk negatively about gun salesmen. Clearly there are still some out there that are knowledgeable and in tune with the products, truly want to do what is best for the consumer, and take all factors into consideration when recommending a firearm in a professional and unbiased manner.
And clearly there are some out there that don't know what they are talking about. There's an implied warranty of merchantability that comes into play with products bought from those holding themselves out as merchants and it's unlikely that a court would rule contrary to such established law. You'd have better luck picking up a turd from the clean end.
Sure there are some good gun salesmen out there that know what they're talking about and want what they think is best for the customer. People are entitled to have their opinions (whether Taurus is crap or not), but it's another issue to attempt passing off categorically bad information as fact.

The Taurus hate is just what you said.. upselling . Sure it's not a" elite operators weapon", but it's also no hi-point.
I carry (sometimes) their 738tcp as a backup or in really hot weather, and so far it's been great. It's roughly half the price of a lcp or bodyguard and has last round hold open , which most others in this size don't.. Got a pretty good trigger too for a DAO.

As a gun salesman i too try too talk people out of a Taurus purchase. Its called selling up. Taurus semi handguns are just crap. Theres no sugar coating it. If i can talk someone into spending $100 more to get 500x the quality, I will. If you're dead set on waisting money ok a Turdus then by all means go ahead, and best of luck on finding a surgeon to reconstruct your hand after it blows up on you.

Have your shot, handled, used a PT111 G2, Yankee?
If not, then leave your head up your behind, but stop spreading BS when I am talking about that ONE model in particular.

And welcome to ODT. Great first post, BTW

Back
Top Bottom