• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tell me what y'all know about Subaru....

Look up which years had piston ring problems. 2013-15 maybe? Same issue with some of the mid/late Camry engines I think. Subaru has been good for me before. Had a VW camper with an Outback engine that was amazing.

Yes, I thought 2014 was the last of the bad piston rings. Was never told from Subaru if my issue was bad rings or bad valves in the heads. Have a sister in law that is OK with adding a quart of oil every 2,500-3,000 miles, since new.

We're going to go test drive one tomorrow to get an idea for fit and feel to see if it's something we want to pursue more information about. Just seeking some info to walk in with.

We have had 6 Subaru cars in our family. My son has the Crosstrek. He has one toddler and two dogs. He has to put one of those Thule storage things on the top of the car when they visit. The rest of us have Outbacks. My daughter had the oil problem with her new 2017 and they gave her full credit on the purchase of a 2018. She teaches outdoor leadership and drives hers all over unpaved roads in the Northwest, sometimes pulling a big teardrop camper. My wife loves hers.

Back
Top Bottom