• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tell me what y'all know about Subaru....

I recently test drove a new Outback and a new Forester because the gf is considering one or the other for her next vehicle, but for some reason wanted me to do the test drives. I really liked driving the outback and really hated driving the Forester. The difference in feel, performance, and comfort was night and day to me. I would have liked to have driven the 6 cylinder outback, but my gf is more concerned with fuel economy than power.

More specifically the Crosstrek. My wife and I are interested in them, just looking for anyone to chime in with opinions on them.

Thanks!
My wife inspects them coming off the ship everyday. She hates the Crosstrek but that's just because of the seat positions and interior. I'm sure it's the same excellent overall quality as the rest of their vehicles. I like the Outback pretty good and the older style boxier Foresters.

The Forester has been redesigned, new gen models coming out this year (2019 model). I'd wait and give that one a whirl if you're not in a hurry.

I like Subaru cars in spite of their advertising. Having AWD is a big plus for safety not only in the snow but also on wet roads. Also, I live in the country and appreciate being able to go up a crappy driveway and make it through some fields when I need to. Subaru cars, however, are not luxurious and the technology-type stuff is behind their competitors. I went through True Car and I didn't pay MSRP but I bought in February which is one of the worst times of year for car sales and one of the best times to buy.

Back
Top Bottom