• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tell me what y'all know about Subaru....

Test drove a Forrester and a Crosstrek. Both seemed liked pretty good options and performance was where I expected for what they are. The biggest thing I noticed was both seemed to have noticeable sway/walk going down the road. I'm open to either of them, just not convinced I'm ready to pull the trigger yet.
Have y'all looked at the Highlander?

I live in the Mountains and the 13 crosstrek we had didn’t have enough power to pull out in front of anyone and feel safe about the acceleration.. when going up the Mountains it felt it was a struggle for the 2.0. If they put the 2.5 in it or had a turbo I would still have it. We still see the Subaru like ours and always say “ if it had more power we would still have that car, loved the car just NO power”. Maybe the 5 speeds are better than the CVT we had. I would own another just not the 2.0.

I'm looking at a 2018 Outback. I'm torn between the MPG of the 2.5i vs the power of the 3.6R both of the cars will be around $35,000. Unless I will the lottery, or have some other unexpected windfall of money come my way, it will be last car I plan on buying for the next 10-15 years.

Attachments

• 2018Outback4.jpg
    2018Outback4.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 13
  • 2018Outback3.jpg
    2018Outback3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 2018Outback2.jpg
    2018Outback2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 13
I live in the Mountains and the 13 crosstrek we had didn’t have enough power to pull out in front of anyone and feel safe about the acceleration.. when going up the Mountains it felt it was a struggle for the 2.0. If they put the 2.5 in it or had a turbo I would still have it. We still see the Subaru like ours and always say “ if it had more power we would still have that car, loved the car just NO power”. Maybe the 5 speeds are better than the CVT we had. I would own another just not the 2.0.

Our 2016 with oil consumption issue was a manual, but we too experienced no power, especially up in the mountains. Now we have a CRV with the 4 cylinder turbo and have no power problems! Plus, the buckets are 100% more comfortable, to us.

Back
Top Bottom