• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tell me what y'all know about Subaru....

My BIL drove a standard tranny Forrester for about 12 years, put about 15k on it. Less than a mile to work.

Just got a New one last month.

He calls them his Dike mobile, says he gets waves from all the other Coexisters......

My wife has a 15 Outback and daughter a new Crosstrek (somebody buy the Aveo in gearheads!). We have had zero issues with ours and I would tell you that hers appears to have great ergonomics just don't expect the comfort of the larger Outback. Driving it is very comfortable but not for large family for sure as far as storage.

I especially like the layout under the hood of the Subarus! When you open the hood, the alt., p.s. pump, compressor all lined up across the top at the front for easy access and they have that wonderful oil filter location! The engine design is a no brainer! I have no doubt that if you choose either one, you will be happy. I'm just trying to figure out how to get a BRZ in the stable!

My wife has a 15 Outback and daughter a new Crosstrek (somebody buy the Aveo in gearheads!). We have had zero issues with ours and I would tell you that hers appears to have great ergonomics just don't expect the comfort of the larger Outback. Driving it is very comfortable but not for large family for sure as far as storage.

I especially like the layout under the hood of the Subarus! When you open the hood, the alt., p.s. pump, compressor all lined up across the top at the front for easy access and they have that wonderful oil filter location! The engine design is a no brainer! I have no doubt that if you choose either one, you will be happy. I'm just trying to figure out how to get a BRZ in the stable!
We're going to look at the different models, I've never sat in a Subaru much less driven one. Gonna make sure we have enough room for sure, that's one of our current problems.

The Outback is literally as roomy or more as the former Explorers/Mountaniers that we have owned, they just sit lower, ride quieter and get better gas mileage. If you don't require towing capacity for a large camper or 24' inboard you can't go wrong. If you do, they make a 6cylinder version of the professors opposed engine design but I don't have experience with it.

Test drove a Forrester and a Crosstrek. Both seemed liked pretty good options and performance was where I expected for what they are. The biggest thing I noticed was both seemed to have noticeable sway/walk going down the road. I'm open to either of them, just not convinced I'm ready to pull the trigger yet.

Here's been my experience with Subaru shopping so far......

ALL of the dealers list above MSRP and then offer "discounts" bringing them back to MSRP.

Any purchase incentive is almost non-existent.

TrueCar is useless......absolute 0 savings over dealing with the dealers directly.....also, i accidentally checked the wrong interior color and there is no way to correct it without starting the process over.

We have owned 2 WRXs a Forester and a Impreza wagon (Saab 92x) . They were all fun to drive and handle better than most cars and have great crash ratings . Both WRXs were flawless sold them with 90k ish miles . The Forester did have the dreaded head gasket issue . The wagon did great for 180k and then was smashed when a kid turned left in front of a friend driving it . He and his daughter walked away the kid driving a suburban went to the hospital. Oh and we had a Molon Labe , Metallica and other not typical stickers to throw off the "normal" Impreza driver

Back
Top Bottom