• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with it. Have you check YouTube for any videos on it?
That's a decent idea. I was just checking Gunbroker for these. I found models 40 and 70 I THINK. Both models had tang mounted safeties kinda like Mossberg but much closer to a Stevens 67 series. None of that helps but I was trying to narrow down what you're working on.You definitely need a gunsmith and you may have to start searching all the gun auction sites for parts or parts guns.But at the same time it could be something very simple. Is it not lifting the next shell to the chamber? If so you gotta lay out some newspaper on the dinner table break that thing completely down and see how it works. Then you will have a little bit better idea what's going on.

All the parts are there as I can see. I might try giving it a good cleaning and see if that helps. I will take it to the swap meet to see if anyone there could fix it. It is not worth going to a gunsmith for. It will fire and pump but not load the next shell. Thank you for your help.

BTW... I've owned several Mossbergs over the years. I've owned two 870 clones. One NEC Pardner and a Smith 1000P which was a loosely based 870 clone from the 70s which I still have. Also recently owned a JC Higgins copy of a High Standard. I must say even though they were/are cheaper guns I like the design and controls layout of the Mossberg and to a lesser extent the JCH better than the 870 layout. The spring loaded duckbill shell elevator is just not necessary and kinda gets in the way. I very much prefer the Mossberg style.

All the parts are there as I can see. I might try giving it a good cleaning and see if that helps. I will take it to the swap meet to see if anyone there could fix it. It is not worth going to a gunsmith for. It will fire and pump but not load the next shell. Thank you for your help.
It's something simple. You may need a shell elevator or something like that. The only problem I see is locating parts for what is kind of an obscure long gone brand.

Likely this. We took my buddy's old Sears pump apart that was doing the same thing. The springs were cankered with oil and carbon. Probably not been cleaned since it was new, just oiled too heavily. We did an overnight soak in Ed's Red on the entire mechanism, soft brush cleaning, rinse in Ed's, dry, and light coat of oil. It works like it should now.
Yeah I redid an old Sears Ted Williams 12 gauge for my dad in the late 90s. The later Ted Williams line guns were based on the Winchester 1200 rotating bolt head design. But Sears wasn't loyal to any one brand. The JC Higgins I owned last year was an exact clone of a High Standard Flight King from the late 50s early 60s. It was old enough that it didn't have a serial number. I didn't have to tear it down comp9like I did the Ted Williams . That one had sat in the corner of a chicken house for over a decade and was a real challenge.

From back in 2006, maybe able to glean some info from the remarks in it. It also says Smith turned it into one of theirs....maybe look it up on gunparts and see how similar?

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/noble-brand-shotguns.216942/
Okay the interesting part of that thread was about how Smith turned it into the 916. In all the reading I did when I first got a Smith shotgun I never read anything good about the 916 pump.
All that being said I would suggest that the OP look up an exploded parts view of the 916 and see if the parts view/list matches the Noble. If so that's probably an easier way to find any parts that might be broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom