• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Thanks to the ODT I got my gun back 10 years later

Meanwhile, the Lawrenceville police explained that the gun sat in their evidence locker for 10 years because ?????
Actually I think it was available for pickup like 8 years ago. I vaguely remember her saying something about it but nothing was ever done. I guess they contacted her again one last time before they threw it in the smelter.

A happy ending….glad you got it back. It sux it took so long.
I really am surprised they just didn’t destroy it…..most of the departments are run by anti-gun politicians but the employees/cops themselves are generally good folks.
Congrats to getting an “old friend” back

Sometimes you get lucky. I had a drug addict ex-wife that while I was gone to sea during Desert Storm she sold my Colt Gold Cup Elite 1911 .45. I had purchased it in SC from an FFL dealer and I was the registered owner. I filed the stolen report with San Diego PD when I returned from sea 6 months later. Fast forward another 5yrs and I'm now stationed in CT and received a postcard in the mail from San Diego PD stating they had recovered my gun. San Diego PD mailed the gun to Norwich PD and I had to bring in my SLED papers showing ownership. They gave me my gun and the only blemish on it as a missing medallion on one wood grip. I traded that gun to another ODT member.

When I was in college I gave a little .25 raven to my best friend. A few years later it was stolen by his scumbag neighbor. I posted a thread about it back in 2012 and a few days later I got a PM from a brand new member saying they knew where the gun was. It was his stepdaughter and somehow she found the thread. I reported it to the police and they arrested him for being in possession of a firearm as a convicted felon on probation. He got 2yrs in prison.

Fast forward 10 years and yesterday I was hanging out with my friend and his wife had a surprise for me. The police contacted her last week to tell her that they still had the gun in their evidence locker and that she could come and get it. Since I had already given them another (much better) gun to replace it they gave me this one back. It was clean and oiled and even still has the cheap case that I bought for it. Never thought I would see it again but kudos to the Lawrenceville police department for hanging on to it and taking such good care of it. Now does anybody know where I can get some 25acp ammo?

View attachment 4770458
Congratulations on having her back! She's a pretty little thing.

Back
Top Bottom