That kind of talk will get you killed

If you watched "The Professional" a true hitmans weapon is a knife. Didn't Rambo used a knife also for silent kills (and a bow)? Its gotta be true since it's in the movies.

I find it interesting that all these people involved in illegal activities are sharing a wealth of information on how the do stuff. Every contract killer, mob boss, poacher, government assassin, operator, ect... all use the 22 and freely support it under water boarding.

Maybe its just an inside joke all the bad xzzes of the world share through the illuminati they have to unknowingly serve.
Exactly. Now you know. Consider yourself lucky you are now in the inner circle.

A well placed 22mag out of a rifle is very effective for hunting. I have personally seen a hunter take a very large deer with one at just under 100 yards with a head shot from standing position. Depends on your skill level for shot placement. Out of a short barrel for self defense when your attacker is already in close enough to have your hand on them as was indicated in the article? I'd rather have a knife then transition to a firearm in my preferred caliber for follow up threats. Just my personal preference.

22 Magnum has its place, when you can't or won't carry a real gun !

But I'll tell you I carried a 22 Magnum double action Derringer for years because it was exceptionally flat and fit in the pockets of any pants or shorts or even pajamas that I might be wearing. It was not until Kel-Tec came out with the P-32 that I finally found a similar size and similar weight gun in a more potent caliber that held more ammo.

I also carried a North American arms "black widow" five shot 22 Magnum revolver, and it had a 22 Long rifle cylinder for cheap practice and plinking.
I got rid of that because I didn't want to have a single action revolver for a defensive carry gun when all my other defensive carry guns or double action or striker fired safe-action designs.

From my own terminal ballistics testing of small caliber handguns. I think the 22 Magnum is slightly better than a 22 Long Rifle, but definitely inferior to a 32 or 380. I agree that most of the bullets will not expand, and that's OK with me because when they don't expand they tend to penetrate a couple extra inches.

I like the fact that a 22 Magnum fired from a short barrel handgun is loud and has a bright muzzle flash. I think that may scare a bad guy and make him run away even if I don't hit him or even if my shot hits him in a non-vital spot.

An heir to one of Savannah's prominent "old families" (may have been Mercer) took out a would be kidnapper with a .22 Deringer. Many years ago.

No way a 22 mag is inferior to a 32. I've seen a 32 ricochet off an old direct tv dish at 5 yards.

I've seem .45 ACP bounce off old tires in a backstop, and been hit by the ricochet.

Unless your skin is tougher than a TV dish or an old tire, don't know if there is much of a lesson here.

Back
Top Bottom