The frustrating part of the ammo shortage

If you want, I can meet you at GA arms. You could buy 500rds of .45 and 9mm 500rds and I can buy 500rds of 9mm and 500rds of .45 and we can help each other. Since they have 500rds limit.

I appreciate the offer. Once I get up some more money, I will definitely have to do this.

i think the ones that are bi@@hing about the price dont have any ammo ==just my opionion

I think that's pretty obvious. If you have it already, then price wouldn't bother you because you're not out trying to buy it.

As a side note, I haven't had a .45 gun in quite awhile (sold my G36 last year along with the ammo). I just traded for an XDs last week, so that's why I've been looking for .45 now. The cost of ammo from the dealer standpoint has not increased (I don't care what they tell you, it hasn't, because I know a couple of guys who work at shops), so if I walk into an LGS and they have ammo for $ 15 to $ 25 more per box for the same type of ammo that I can go over to Academy and get for $ 21, then that shop owner is a douche, looking to make a quick buck and I hope karma bites his ass hard in the future.

I think that's pretty obvious. If you have it already, then price wouldn't bother you because you're not out trying to buy it.

As a side note, I haven't had a .45 gun in quite awhile (sold my G36 last year along with the ammo). I just traded for an XDs last week, so that's why I've been looking for .45 now. The cost of ammo from the dealer standpoint has not increased (I don't care what they tell you, it hasn't, because I know a couple of guys who work at shops), so if I walk into an LGS and they have ammo for $ 15 to $ 25 more per box for the same type of ammo that I can go over to Academy and get for $ 21, then that shop owner is a douche, looking to make a quick buck and I hope karma bites his ass hard in the future.

Funny. the second half of this post belies the first line. I hate the ammo flipping scum and I have enough ammo to last me through a small war. But how short sighted does one have to be to miss the damage that these price jacking filth are doing to the total community? And how stupid does one have to be to buy from these leeches? All people are doing is perpetuating this artificial shortage by feeding the ticks who are sucking YOUR blood. Not you specifically Mtber. You already said you aren't buying at these prices. AFter the first genius insight into my ammo stock based on my hatred for price gouging I made up a simple spreadsheet and calculated how much ammo I actually DO have. At the panic prices I am sitting on well over $4000 in ammo. In reality it's more like $2000. So, no, I guess my complaint is not that I can't get what I need because of the prices. Maybe I just have principles and find it sad and disgusting that so many around here don't.

Why should ammunition be treated differently than any other commodity?

I agree, i cant help if ammo valuations among the masses increase. That being said im not stalking stores, but i dont have a problem with making a buck or two.

Case in point, i sold a member on here a large number of rounds several months ago at .55 a rnd. I buy ammo from him recently at .76 a rnd. Now I could complain that he gouged me and he shouldda returned the favor pre panic and all but even at what I bought it for (highest ppr ive ever paid) I can easily break even or pay for gas to trade it somewhere. I could say he is perpeptuating the high prices and shortages but thats a pointless arguement in this market.

I do feel for those who NEED it to shoot, not just want it. And if I were a millionaire id buy you guys some.

The realization is that if there is such a shortage its because lots of people are wanting ammo and are wanting lots of it.....not just to resell but to keep too. I know lots of people whove been stocking up because they dont wanna get short or be short in the future.....price not a consideration either

Last edited:
Why should ammunition be treated differently than any other commodity?

For me personally, if people are jacking up prices because they can, that's their business. I'm just making notes of which shops I come across who are marking things up waaaay beyond reason, so I don't give them any business in the future. I'm sorry, but if Academy, Wal Mart and some of the LGSs in the area can manage to keep their ammo prices at pretard panic prices, there's no reason why other shops are jacking up the price 200% other than greed. As I stated earlier, went to one place, paid $ 21.99 for a box of .45. Went to another shop to look for a holster and some 9mm and saw that they had the same .45, but were charging $ 37.99 for the same box. I couldn't help but laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm gonna create a diversion while they are looking for the tar and feathers so you can make a break for it.

Nah. He's entitled to his opinion.....and it's a lot easier when he's not here having to deal with it.

For me personally, if people are jacking up prices because they can, that's their business. I'm just making notes of which shops I come across who are marking things up waaaay beyond reason, so I don't give them any business in the future. I'm sorry, but if Academy, Wal Mart and some of the LGSs in the area can manage to keep their ammo prices at pretard panic prices, there's no reason why other shops are jacking up the price 200% other than greed. As I stated earlier, went to one place, paid $ 21.99 for a box of .45. Went to another shop to look for a holster and some 9mm and saw that they had the same .45, but were charging $ 37.99 for the same box. I couldn't help but laugh.- - - Updated - - -Nah. He's entitled to his opinion.....and it's a lot easier when he's not here having to deal with it.
Yeah because it's not like Walmart or academy have non gun related merchandise to sell in order to keep the doors open while they wait for another shipment of gun stuff. :rolleyes:If you can't see the difference between Walmart, Acadamy, and your LGS than you really are much thicker than I thought. What is a gun store supposed to do? Keep everything at pre panic pricing, sell out of everything to scallpers in 2 hours and then sit for three months with no product in the store?

Back
Top Bottom