The frustrating part of the ammo shortage

For me personally, if people are jacking up prices because they can, that's their business. I'm just making notes of which shops I come across who are marking things up waaaay beyond reason, so I don't give them any business in the future. I'm sorry, but if Academy, Wal Mart and some of the LGSs in the area can manage to keep their ammo prices at pretard panic prices, there's no reason why other shops are jacking up the price 200% other than greed. As I stated earlier, went to one place, paid $ 21.99 for a box of .45. Went to another shop to look for a holster and some 9mm and saw that they had the same .45, but were charging $ 37.99 for the same box. I couldn't help but laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. He's entitled to his opinion.....and it's a lot easier when he's not here having to deal with it.
I saw the coming shortage ahead of the election and planned accordingly. Yes the Newtown murders and proposed legislation exacerbated the situation dramatically, but failing to plan for your own ammunition needs falls on no one elses shoulders other than your own. If you were unable to see the coming shortage, and then expect people to do you favors by selling product for below market price...........well that's really quite ignorant.

Also NW made a great point about Academy and Walmart having a much larger assortment of goods to make available while riding out the shortage. Stores that sell primarily guns and ammo don't have the luxury of making 50% on slip-n-slides and Macaroni and cheese until supply becomes available. So sure, **** on the local shops trying to feed their families and keep funneling your cash to the stores that prefer to purchase their goods from China. The large multinationals are the "good guys" because they sell for the least right?

I saw the coming shortage ahead of the election and planned accordingly. Yes the Newtown murders and proposed legislation exacerbated the situation dramatically, but failing to plan for your own ammunition needs falls on no one elses shoulders other than your own. If you were unable to see the coming shortage, and then expect people to do you favors by selling product for below market price...........well that's really quite ignorant.

Also NW made a great point about Academy and Walmart having a much larger assortment of goods to make available while riding out the shortage. Stores that sell primarily guns and ammo don't have the luxury of making 50% on slip-n-slides and Macaroni and cheese until supply becomes available. So sure, **** on the local shops trying to feed their families and keep funneling your cash to the stores that prefer to purchase their goods from China. The large multinationals are the "good guys" because they sell for the least right?

So I was supposed to plan ahead to purchase a caliber for a weapon that I didn't even own at the time and wasn't sure I ever would?

That's what most of us would call foolish spending.

Yeah because it's not like Walmart or academy have non gun related merchandise to sell in order to keep the doors open while they wait for another shipment of gun stuff. :rolleyes:If you can't see the difference between Walmart, Acadamy, and your LGS than you really are much thicker than I thought. What is a gun store supposed to do? Keep everything at pre panic pricing, sell out of everything to scallpers in 2 hours and then sit for three months with no product in the store?

Then explain to me how some gun shops in the area manage to keep prices reasonable? They have families to feed too.

I mean, it is mind boggling to go into one shop and the prices are decent, then go 5 miles down the road and stuff is upwards of 90% higher.

Last edited:
I saw the coming shortage ahead of the election and planned accordingly. Yes the Newtown murders and proposed legislation exacerbated the situation dramatically, but failing to plan for your own ammunition needs falls on no one elses shoulders other than your own. If you were unable to see the coming shortage, and then expect people to do you favors by selling product for below market price...........well that's really quite ignorant. Also NW made a great point about Academy and Walmart having a much larger assortment of goods to make available while riding out the shortage. Stores that sell primarily guns and ammo don't have the luxury of making 50% on slip-n-slides and Macaroni and cheese until supply becomes available. So sure, **** on the local shops trying to feed their families and keep funneling your cash to the stores that prefer to purchase their goods from China. The large multinationals are the "good guys" because they sell for the least right?
well your obviously better than the rest of us. nobodies arguing that.

Happiness is being a reloader with supplies and a progressive press set up in each caliber you shoot, 9mm, 40, 45 & 556
lead is cheap and effective enough to use for any purpose and wheel weights are almost free so molding & loading is a very
useful hobby these days.
And sorry, but no, not selling any bullets.

Back
Top Bottom