• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The gun you never buy

Don't know about the vintage, but Clyde Armory in Athens has one on the wall (or did a couple weeks ago).

Thanks. I've got to go over that way this week. I don't have anywhere near the money for one, but I'll stop in and dream.
They had a transferable M16 hanging on the wall in there at one time with a $30k price tag on it.

I used to go in and stare at it, but I was afraid to touch it.

I could just see me dropping it, the lower shattering and then me having to sell my house to pay for it.

They had a transferable M16 hanging on the wall in there at one time with a $30k price tag on it.

I could just see me dropping it, the lower shattering and then me having to sell my house to pay for it.

When we had our photography business, we photographed a very rich lady and her granddaughter. As usual, my wife went sound the house and picked out a couple of simple wooden chairs and stuff for them to sit on and had me take them out in the yard where we were set up to shoot. When her son showed up to pick up h's little girl, I was packing up the equipment and hadn't taken the furniture back in yet. He stopped, looked at one of the chairs, looked at me and said, "My mother was ok with 'tis being out here?". I said, "Sure, is there a problem?" and he said, "No, I'm just surprised. This chair s one of a pair we bought at auction a few years ago. It was made in the early 1700's. Cost almost as much a my Mercedes." and walked inside.

The transferable M16 is still there, sitting right above the Thompson. I had my 13 year old with me and wanted to handle it, but same with you, I was too afraid. Our laws really do suck.

Ich wollte schon immer ein Mauser Karabiner 98k scharfschützengewehr besitzen, mit einem Zeiss Zielvier 4x Zielfernrohr... ya vol. Mein grossvater hat eines aus Europa mitgebracht, vielleicht eines tages werde ich es erben.

k98-sniper-walnut-001.jpg
Huh?

When we had our photography business, we photographed a very rich lady and her granddaughter. As usual, my wife went sound the house and picked out a couple of simple wooden chairs and stuff for them to sit on and had me take them out in the yard where we were set up to shoot. When her son showed up to pick up h's little girl, I was packing up the equipment and hadn't taken the furniture back in yet. He stopped, looked at one of the chairs, looked at me and said, "My mother was ok with 'tis being out here?". I said, "Sure, is there a problem?" and he said, "No, I'm just surprised. This chair s one of a pair we bought at auction a few years ago. It was made in the early 1700's. Cost almost as much a my Mercedes." and walked inside.
That's a funny story. Colonial furniture was usually made to be very sturdy and functional!

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 10.16.31.png

Hahaha! Dang! That could’ve been BAD

Colt 22 Woodsman Match Target Heavy Barrel. Don't know why but I just can't seem to get one. It has always alluded me. I think I have or have had just about everything else I liked, but just can't seem to find the Colt 22. I have the regular Woodsman and still have a couple of Pythons, S&W 41 etc. I have a S&W 41 that I have traded off twice and got it back. I need to find a Colt Woodsman match target. Maybe with this Ad some of us will get lucky and find what we want.

Back
Top Bottom