• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Most Durable Truck In The World...

Didn't have Hilux money at the time, so in 2010 bought a 2004 Ford Courier 5speed 4x4 with a 2.5L diesel turbo in it. Not quite a Hilux but an awesome truck comparable in size to the Hilux, I'd buy one over here in a heartbeat if I could. Think it was mostly rebadged Mazda with a Ford sticker slapped on.
Now I gotta google image an 04 Courier. Was that a Euro or Aussie model? I learned to shift gears in a really rusty early 70s Courier. I would love to have one like that or the early Mazda B series now.

I actually imported several of the Toyota 1KZT turbo Diesel engines

And transplanted them into 4 runners

I bought the entire 4 runners on eBay UK and had a mechanic there remove the engine trans and transfer case and differentials .
And I gave him the rest of the car for his effort .

The 1KZT is mechanically injected , with zero computers .

I had to call them “used auto parts “ to get through customs .

Now you can import the entire car since they are 25 years old ,

It’s an easy swap
I removed the gasoline V6 and automatic trans and t case and sold them
And bolted the Diesel engine and five speed and transfer case in and swapped the diffs .
Just curious, do you have an opinion on those vs the KD or whatever later engines?

Very interesting and funny at the same time. This guy put Toyota Hilux (Diesel) to the test, to see if it really holds up the title of "The Most Durable Truck In The World".

The other interesting thing is that: The United State is the ONLY Country in the World that has not allowed this truck to be sold. Why? Read this: "The Hilux is affected by the so-called Chicken Tax for one reason and one reason only, and that’s because it is a light truck that’s built outside America. The tax wasn’t specifically created to stop the Hilux being sold in America in particular, but it’s one of the more notable products to fall foul of this law." https://carbuyingandselling.com/why-cant-i-buy-a-toyota-hilux-in-america/#:~:text=The Hilux is affected by the so-called Chicken,notable products to fall foul of this law.

After watching this video, Heck Yeah, I Want Me a Toyota Hilux Diesel!!!

Watch the video, you will be impressed...
Still won’t pull my trailer…

Back
Top Bottom