• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Official Truck Picture Thread..

The first of several small projects. A few day ago I dug into the steering column to replace the turn signal switch. These switches never had the best feel, but a this one is so worn that signaling a turn feels like breaking a twig.

20170913_174649.jpg

20170913_174659.jpg

20170913_182025.jpg

New wheels & tires have been installed, and I'm waiting on the rear springs to arrive so I can finish the suspension. No rush because the truck is currently sitting at the dealership, they are trying to sort out a hot restart starter run-on problem they assured me a new fuel pump would fix - it did not.

View attachment 1338698
Not charging you for the pump I hope.

Not charging you for the pump I hope.
I paid for it last week, but it remains an open ticket. Since this is an issue that only shows up when it's HOT, they were unable to duplicate the problem. I will record the event if / when it happens again, and return with the evidence. It is starting just fine today, but the temps are almost 20 degrees less than they were when it was acting up.

View attachment 1305872

This chrome rocker panel trim was a hot item back in tne 90s, but I was never a fan. I got the heat gun out today and started peeling this stuff off. I'll have to spend some time cleaning off the adhesive, and I'll likely lose some paint in the process, but I was planning to talk to @Willy Leadwell about a budget spray job anyway.

I just bought a ranger for my son. It was a construction truck in its previous life. Peeled the decals with a hair dryer. I got the glue off with turtles decal remover. It got it off with very little work and it didn't hurt the paint. It's not as old though.

I just bought a ranger for my son. It was a construction truck in its previous life. Peeled the decals with a hair dryer. I got the glue off with turtles decal remover. It got it off with very little work and it didn't hurt the paint. It's not as old though.
I've been using acetone on this one. It works well but is slow going. The trim I removed was actually a thin gauge steel and the glue is a good deal thicker.

It comes in an aerosol can. Spray it on and let it sit for about a minute. I would spray it once and let it sit then scrape it with a plastic puddy knife to get the bulk of it off then then spray it again and use a paper towel to clean it. It was easy. Didn't harm the paint and cleaned it up nicely.

Back
Top Bottom