• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Official Truck Picture Thread..

My 68 Ranger frame off restomod.
upload_2017-7-24_0-16-30.png

My new project, a 1994 Silverado regular cab 4x4. I picked thus one because it's original and unmolested, albeit with plenty of patina. It's a good year model for a project:
- TBI 350, much simpler than the vortec that followed it
- floor shift transfer case
- a much simpler ABS setup that can be deleted for better pedal feel
- Just one year of emissions testing remaining

20170903_184648.jpg

My new project, a 1994 Silverado regular cab 4x4. I picked thus one because it's original and unmolested, albeit with plenty of patina. It's a good year model for a project:
- TBI 350, much simpler than the vortec that followed it
- floor shift transfer case
- a much simpler ABS setup that can be deleted for better pedal feel
- Just one year of emissions testing remaining

View attachment 1305405

20170904_124340.jpg

This chrome rocker panel trim was a hot item back in tne 90s, but I was never a fan. I got the heat gun out today and started peeling this stuff off. I'll have to spend some time cleaning off the adhesive, and I'll likely lose some paint in the process, but I was planning to talk to @Willy Leadwell about a budget spray job anyway.

What did you pay for it? Somehow everyone wants 5-9k for these trucks. My favorite body style of all chevys tho. i've had 5 of this style
I know what you mean about the pricing. The GMT400 is my favorite body style, and won't pay that much. I liked this one mainly because all of the stock stuff is intact, no modifications except an ancient aftermarket stereo and 6 disc CD changer. The transmission, the windshield, the tires, cat converter, tune up are all new/recent. It had one CEL code - replaced the EGR solenoid and all is well.
I've ordered new shocks and steering gear and should have that squared away in a few weeks.

I know what you mean about the pricing. The GMT400 is my favorite body style, and won't pay that much. I liked this one mainly because all of the stock stuff is intact, no modifications except an ancient aftermarket stereo and 6 disc CD changer. The transmission, the windshield, the tires, cat converter, tune up are all new/recent. It had one CEL code - replaced the EGR solenoid and all is well.
I've ordered new shocks and steering gear and should have that squared away in a few weeks.
Awesome! She looks excellent!

Back
Top Bottom