• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The Official Truck Picture Thread..

IMG_1267.JPG

'99 Ranger / 2.5L / 5 spd. Easiest vehicle to maintain I've ever owned. Lots of little mods and a fun little truck overall.

93 S10 V8 5 speed. 3.42 posi. She actually looks better in a pic. She's a runner. It's about time to change colors. I went to Tractor Supply and picked out a Massey Furgeson gray. The paint is super cheap and it actually last a pretty long time. Not going for a show truck. I want to spend the money on the motor.

Attachments

• 20170717_192159.jpg
    20170717_192159.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 32
I know im gonna catch heat for saying this.... but I drive a 2013 f150 4x4 for work,( and other f150's before that) and im not impressed. its clunky, heavy,doesnt brake worth a damn. and feels overall un maneuverable. the 4x4 system kicks ass but the over feel of the truck is "cheap". I've had Tacomas and they seem to have better fit and finish. so my point being, why does everyone love American made trucks so much... unless you need to tow or move stuff.... whats the big deal?

I know im gonna catch heat for saying this.... but I drive a 2013 f150 4x4 for work,( and other f150's before that) and im not impressed. its clunky, heavy,doesnt brake worth a damn. and feels overall un maneuverable. the 4x4 system kicks ass but the over feel of the truck is "cheap". I've had Tacomas and they seem to have better fit and finish. so my point being, why does everyone love American made trucks so much... unless you need to tow or move stuff.... whats the big deal?

I currently have a take home company truck
A 17 Silverado crew cab 3/4 ton 4wd el-strippo fleet model
It's ok , has some annoying quirks , rides too rough , Trans shifts into 6th gear at 40 mph going uphill and really? In 2017 you can actually buy a truck with no way to adjust the outside mirrors ??

But it's light years better than the 07 Chevy that they had me driving and I liked it better than the 16 F-150 they had

The previous employer also had a take home truck , I'm kind of a traveling mechanic , and When they hired me they told me to go pick out a new truck as long as the payments were under a certain amount ,
I test drive all the full size trucks , and chose a crew cab tundra
It was by far the largest inside , largest back seat for storing tools , most powerful engine , best mpg , and by far the best ride ,

Back
Top Bottom