• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The other reason for a good gun belt...

kuduman

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
Obviously, the main reason is effectiveness for holding up a holster and keeping your gun hidden.

But the other good reason is retention... even concealed, if someone gets in a fight for your gun, the easiest way to retain it (as any trainer will tell you), is press down on it. Hard. But you can't do that if it rips off your pants.

Kudos to the person that recommended "Bigfoot Gun Belts", http://gunbelts.com/

Stiff, but do the job. Milt Sparks makes better looking dress belts, for three times the price, but these guys are at the right spot on the price/performance curve. Big thumbs up. $60? You could drag me a mile by this thing, easily. It doesn't even notice my holster is there.

Obviously, the main reason is effectiveness for holding up a holster and keeping your gun hidden.

But the other good reason is retention... even concealed, if someone gets in a fight for your gun, the easiest way to retain it (as any trainer will tell you), is press down on it. Hard. But you can't do that if it rips off your pants.

Kudos to the person that recommended "Bigfoot Gun Belts", http://gunbelts.com/

Stiff, but do the job. Milt Sparks makes better looking dress belts, for three times the price, but these guys are at the right spot on the price/performance curve. Big thumbs up. $60? You could drag me a mile by this thing, easily. It doesn't even notice my holster is there.
Thanks for the link !

These look a little nicer than my standard Wilderness 5 stitch. I the picture of the guy standing on the belt. My family always looks at me funny when I grab a belt the first thing I do is squeeze it to see if I can fold it in half top to bottom. If I can it quickly goes back on the shelf. Not only is a gun belt great for carrying of a gun. I like the fact that they retain shape and in a month they are not in the shape of a smile.

These look a little nicer than my standard Wilderness 5 stitch. I the picture of the guy standing on the belt. My family always looks at me funny when I grab a belt the first thing I do is squeeze it to see if I can fold it in half top to bottom. If I can it quickly goes back on the shelf. Not only is a gun belt great for carrying of a gun. I like the fact that they retain shape and in a month they are not in the shape of a smile.

One of the reasons the Milt Sparks belts are so nice, and so expensive is that they are cut on a curve to start with. Super confortable. But... pricey. I don't know of anyone else that does it that way (and it is the ideal way).

But this belt is pretty good. I'll say that I should have ordered it a bit longer-- I measured correctly, but I don't really want to use the middle hole; it gives too little tongue to go through the loop on the other side of the buckle. Still, it's a great belt for $60.

Gonna have to give this belt a try. My current belt is on life support...........
I got the "medium" strength one, and it's thick and crazy strong. Definitely overkill if you carry a single-stack polymer gun! Get the light one for that. Frankly, this medium one would be fine with a full-size 1911.

I'll give these a look for CC as well. Buyer beware: They are Not airport friendly (Stainless steel core). I started wearing a 5.11 tactical belt for everyday use. You can cinch it as tight as you want versus a hole in a leather belt every 3/4"-1". Works good for someone with a bad case of gone @ss that was picking his pants up every half hour. I know showing your drawers is the "in thing" to do but it's not my style.

Back
Top Bottom