• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The reality of Michael Sam's situation

GDAWG1958

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
27   0
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/reality-michael-sam-39-situation-103000284--nfl.html

This is actually a really good article,

How Current Players may react privately: Although publicly most players are saying all the right things, Ryan Clark of the Steelers brought up a good point about what goes down in the locker-room. Ryan wants to know where the lines will be with Mr. Sam in his locker-room. He said, “What are the things you can do and say around him that won't make him uncomfortable?”

Other questions players will privately ask themselves (and each other): Will I shower when he is showering? Will I sit next to him on the plane? Will I room with him during camp for 3 weeks? Will I room with him for away games? Do I want my locker next to his? Will I be comfortable naked around him? Although there are plenty of evolved renaissance men currently in the NFL who are comfortable in their own skin, I believe most will still answer “NO” to these player questions.

The media wants Michael Sam to be drafted and drafted high. They want to follow this story, create new wrinkles to it, get reactions from it and monitor the players, coaches and owner who eventually drafts or signs him as a free agent. My fear for Mr. Sam is that, for most team execs, he may be too much of a hot potato for most front offices to want to deal with.

lol, do men get all weird about sitting next to women on the bus/plane/etc? Do these guys think he want's to have sex with them just because he's gay?

lol, do men get all weird about sitting next to women on the bus/plane/etc? Do these guys think he want's to have sex with them just because he's gay?

No but guys in a locker room do tend to get pretty rambunctious and crude and those jokes or horseplay could actually offend Michael Sams or cause tensions within the locker room.

No but guys in a locker room do tend to get pretty rambunctious and crude and those jokes or horseplay could actually offend Michael Sams or cause tensions within the locker room.

Wait are we talking about boys or men? Millionaire professionals or children? I don't see how it's his problem if there is an issue. It sounds like some childish behavior just might need to be cleaned up, if there is any.

He came out to his teammates before the season. They had a hell of a year with no tension reported.

Back
Top Bottom