• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

The thing I'm most 'scared' of in the woods....

Rabbit fever as a other tick borne disease that is in Ga. The Rocky Mt Spotted Tick is the carrier.

Drs in Ga don't have a clue about this one. It kills 1 in 10 healthy adults
and possums eat lots and lots of ticks.Fingernail polish on chigger bites when we were young. Had Rocky Mtn back in the 70's

This is my coffee cup, those suckers love me like a fat girl loves gravy.
Screenshot_20200831-160828_Gallery.jpg

You don’t have to worry about lime disease. The tick that carry’s it does not live this far south(Ga). The only thing you would have to worry about is the meat allergy. I pick wild blackberries every year and pull hundreds off Each season. Never gotten sick.
Not sure I buy that. Back in the 1980s and 1990s, there were thousands of Lyme cases in GA. Then they changed the way it was diagnosed.

I personally know 3 people who have had it, and it was most likely from tick bites in GA.

Nonetheless, there are a *lot* of tick-borne diseases that can infect humans.

https://lymediseaseassociation.org/...s/georgia/georgia-tick-borne-disease-summary/

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I've had the Alpha Gal virus since before the doctors in my area even knew what it was. I have a blood draw every 6 months now to check my values for different meats (beef/pork). Have to be less than .10 to be safely consumed, and mine hasn't been that low since I contracted the virus. Got my latest results last week and they're higher than they've ever been. Guess it was from pulling this critter off my chest about a couple months ago. Oh well, Turkey still tastes good as anything else I guess......
View attachment 2798079
Alpha Gal is not a virus; it's a sugar molecule that causes red meat allergy.

You don’t have to worry about lime disease. The tick that carry’s it does not live this far south(Ga). The only thing you would have to worry about is the meat allergy. I pick wild blackberries every year and pull hundreds off Each season. Never gotten sick.
I know someone in GA who has lime desease because of ticks.
We are planting a dozen of thornless blackerries and cut down 3 or 4 acres of wild blackberries on the property.

Not sure I buy that. Back in the 1980s and 1990s, there were thousands of Lyme cases in GA. Then they changed the way it was diagnosed.

I personally know 3 people who have had it, and it was most likely from tick bites in GA.

Nonetheless, there are a *lot* of tick-borne diseases that can infect humans.

https://lymediseaseassociation.org/...s/georgia/georgia-tick-borne-disease-summary/

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I was diagnosed with it back then. Had to go see an infectious disease doctor up in riverdale. Walked in looked around and came to the conclusion that I was the only one there who didn't have aids.
Told the girl at the desk that I'd be in my truck and to hollar at me when it was my time to go in.
Nasty stuff.

Back
Top Bottom